Another dumb question
06-17-2021, (Subject: Another dumb question ) 
RE: Another dumb question
(06-17-2021 )Nilao Wrote:  Plus any small amount of moisture that may remain between 29 and 29.91 inches of vacuum will be absorbed by the dessicate in the filter dryer.

I rest my case. A truck comes in with a cracked line, lost charge and just drove 2 days through the rain to get to your shop. The difference between 29 and 29.9 is the difference between a component full of water and a component dry...it's that simple.

Every thing I work on has flanges, gaskets, orings, thermistors, transducers and 200-to over 1000lbs or R-134a or R123, auto or a 1000 ton million dollar Centrifugal chiller refrigeration is refrigeration. We don't say the hell with it its probably going to have a component failure in 6 months, let's just half azz this, and I put systems on a vac pump for days to dehydrate.

They receiver/dryer is not for that purpose. It's purpose is to remove trace amounts that are trapped in the oil. POE (PAG) oil is hygroscopic and will not release moisture via vacuum.

Your Prostar thermistor failures, ever think they might be getting copper plated from moisture in the system? International or component mfg ever done a root cause analysis on the failures?
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Another dumb question - Wildcard - 06-17-2021

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.