2008 ISX major turbo squealing
08-13-2016, (Subject: 2008 ISX major turbo squealing ) 
RE: 2008 ISX major turbo squealing
(08-13-2016 )Mr Hagg Wrote:  That sound is either leaking charge air boots or leak in you egr system. We use a block puck in front of the egr cooler so that is for some reason that line is bad we got it covered. You should check the turbo vnt control its easy if you have insite to calibrate it back.

If you make it in to Georgia come see us and we can check it out for you.

I thought that but I've pressure tested the CAC from the first boots forward. I have the Venturi blocked but not the Egr cooler, I'll take care of that. I do have insite so I'll also inspect the actuator and re calibrate it as well.
replyreply
08-14-2016, (Subject: 2008 ISX major turbo squealing ) 
(08-13-2016 )389guy Wrote:  I will do that. And it was done by a respected member, but please don't get confused, I am not blaming the program. I believe I may have already had actuator problems and a tune just uncovered it.

The squeal is a boost leak somewhere, most likely the turbo mounting gasket, or an exhaust manifold gasket.

It sounds like you turbocharger is on the fritz and loosing its calibration. I have heard of that before, where one time they will run right, and the next time you start the truck, it will run too high.

It could also be ... the symptoms of an engine that is starting to jump into high altitude correction possibly because of aging/poorly reading sensors. I would suggest an update to the latest ver of MM and having it checked for this.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(08-14-2016 )Rawze Wrote:  
(08-13-2016 )389guy Wrote:  I will do that. And it was done by a respected member, but please don't get confused, I am not blaming the program. I believe I may have already had actuator problems and a tune just uncovered it.

The squeal is a boost leak somewhere, most likely the turbo mounting gasket, or an exhaust manifold gasket.

It sounds like you turbocharger is on the fritz and loosing its calibration. I have heard of that before, where one time they will run right, and the next time you start the truck, it will run too high.

It could also be ... the symptoms of an engine that is starting to jump into high altitude correction possibly because of aging/poorly reading sensors. I would suggest an update to the latest ver of MM and having it checked for this.

Thanks, I'll be checking again for leaks today. And I'll have to get on that update. I'll post my findings tonight.
replyreply
I found the leak but I'm not sure how it is leaking from this spot as the venturi pipe is blocked in the EGR valve is closed. There was also standing water behind that boot in the Venturi pipe.

Attached File(s)Image(s)
./uploads/201608/post_490_1471209098_3bebf0a9acce76c053b432103ff001c7.jpeg
replyreply
Should I switch to blocking plates instead of the stud with flat washers?

Attached File(s)Image(s)
./uploads/201608/post_490_1471209338_801e0a4b676a42c5dfdb96ae95860fb6.jpeg
replyreply
(08-14-2016 )389guy Wrote:  Should I switch to blocking plates instead of the stud with flat washers?

I welded mine shut on my 870. I did have a squeal on my N14 that ended up being a blown hose connection from my intake to my air compressor. It blew between the block and hose so I wasnt able to see it. Deadheaded a long way home because I was worried it was something else......lost $$$$$
replyreply
Your EGR valve must be stuck open (will still read closed on INSITE). There's nothing wrong with the bolt and washers, but you should also use a blanking plate in the end of the exhaust manifold to stop exhaust running around to the valve.
replyreply
That is not from boost leaking but rather exhaust back pressure. Thats why here we block off the pipe before the cooler.
replyreply
(08-14-2016 )Signature620 Wrote:  Your EGR valve must be stuck open (will still read closed on INSITE). There's nothing wrong with the bolt and washers, but you should also use a blanking plate in the end of the exhaust manifold to stop exhaust running around to the valve.

I was thinking the same thing, that the EGR must be stuck open. I'll have to make up something to block the cooler then.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.