Freightliner Columbia 12.7 inframe
06-27-2021, (Subject: Freightliner Columbia 12.7 inframe ) 
RE: Freightliner Columbia 12.7 inframe
I'm not arguing that certain things are scarce right now. But from a long history of working both sides of the fence I've found that just because someone tells you something is on national back order doesn't mean it actually is. A lot of times it's just marked back ordered for the guy or company your talking to.

I've literally been told by the KW dealer that something is on national backorder walked outside and called Cummins regional distribution center 30 miles away and they say come on in we have 10 of what you need on the shelf.

I've also had this same scenario play out at various repair shops across the country. They would tell me they can't get a part for a week or more. So I would call some of the big distribution or dealership or other places I know back east and they of course would source me something they could have delivered in a day or 2.

Don't take their word for it. Parts guys only know what their screen says. The really good parts guys get the books out. Including the phone book and make calls to people outside of what their screen says.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Waterloo , Nostalgic

Messages In This Thread
RE: Freightliner Columbia 12.7 inframe - Chamberpains - 06-27-2021

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.