Freightliner Columbia 12.7 inframe
06-27-2021, (Subject: Freightliner Columbia 12.7 inframe ) 
RE: Freightliner Columbia 12.7 inframe
I ran into this problem with a few paccar parts. The engine fan switch was backordered when I went to replace the fan clutch. Figured might as well replace the switch for good measure... nope. Last I checked (about 2 weeks ago) they were waiting for Atlanta to receive a shipment from china "any day now" and then it would be distributed nationwide from there. Still waiting for a call... Coming up on 8 weeks since I replaced the fan and clutch now.

Same thing with a coolant manifold for return lines from the bunk, SCR and tranmission cooler. Mine's dented but intact and currently leak free. Again, trying to be proactive but no dice.

From what I've seen, across many industries, it's a lot of the basic parts or items that are hit the hardest. Screws, bolts and fasteners for roofing have been scarce, there's currently a shortage of one of the chemicals used to produce ISO (roofing insulation boards). The company I primarily haul out of has suspended manufacturing of ISO is all US plants except PA (temporarily I think) and another company has been telling distributors that if they order ISO now they *might* get their order by christmas.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Freightliner Columbia 12.7 inframe - JimT - 06-27-2021

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.