Flashing green fan ovrd switch
06-25-2021, (Subject: Flashing green fan ovrd switch ) 
Flashing green fan ovrd switch
Hi everyone. I have a 2015 international prostar isx and the fan ovrd switch seems to be flashing quite often when the switch is off. Plz help
replyreply
RE: Flashing green fan ovrd switch
this may help...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...1#pid12861

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Also sometimes the switches aren't seated properly there's little buttons behind them if the switch is in the off position but isn't pushing the button down it'll flash green so try just pushing in on it and see if it quits
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
If the fuses are good might be the board. Sometime the micro switches, those are the two little buttons you see if you take the actuator/rocker switch out, go bad. They are part of the board. Usually means replacement of the switch pack.

BUT there are usually some unused positions. Diamond Logic Builder (DLB) the body computer software program can be used to change the location. It is literally drag and drop. Then you put the actuator in the new position.

If you cannot get access to DLB the microswitches can probably be unsoldered and some from an unused position can be put in. The switch pack is at least several hundred dollars.

The VIN would let me see the configuration.
replyreply
06-26-2021, (Subject: Flashing green fan ovrd switch ) 
On my ProStar, if it sits for longer than a week, and much depends on the weather too, some, or at least one of the switches, will act up like that. It eventually goes away. I believe it is humidity or moisture in the air that gums up the electronics (micro switch) along with any dirt that will naturally occur behind the switch. Could be something as simple as that.

But, a session with Diamond Logic would not hurt, it is usually pretty good at pinpointing issues like this, at least that has been my experience.

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
07-20-2021, (Subject: Flashing green fan ovrd switch ) 
I’m trying to send a 12 second video of it happening and it won’t let met attach the file
replyreply
If it's flashing I think it's indicating an error in the system. I know my prostar would flash the mirror heat light because it said the mirror heaters weren't drawing enough amps.
replyreply
(07-20-2021 )Derekthetusken Wrote:  I’m trying to send a 12 second video of it happening and it won’t let met attach the file

maybe post it on youtube or a google drive or something and paste the link on here.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
07-23-2021, (Subject: Flashing green fan ovrd switch ) 
https://youtube.com/shorts/9vhPYJp2TPA?feature=share
Here’s a link to the flashing light. I checked all the little fuses and cleaned them. Still flashing
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.