Cummins isx
07-14-2021, (Subject: Cummins isx ) 
RE: Cummins isx
(07-14-2021 )Bandit2122 Wrote:  I get 7mpg and never knew this about the isx I'll take your advice

Follow that oil change schedule Rawze laid out for you, there are no extended oil drains on these emission trucks. I believe these motors produce 6 lbs of soot that remains trapped in your oil between services, along with other issues like carbon packing. You may as well just pour a cup of sand in your motor, as it has the same effect as an extended service, plus you lose the additive package that is essential for the motor.

If you are going to keep the emissions intact, I would head over to Amsoil and pick up one of their universal Class 8 remote oil filter kits and install somewhere in your truck. That will help with the soot that will eventually eat away at the cams and bearings. We are not Amsoil fanboys here, they just happen to make a quality filter kit that many folks use on their emission motors. Here is the kit... https://www.amsoil.com/p/heavy-duty-bypa...e=BMK30-EA

I would also run some 80/90 GL4 gear oil in the motor, one gallon at each service. The gear oil leaves a nice coating on all of the internal moving parts, along with the added additives that have been striped out of these new emission oils. And don't waste your money on synthetic engine and or gear oil, just use a quality brand. Sta-Lube is one gear oil or even a gallon of the the Supertech gear oil from Walmart is good stuff. Just make sure the gear oil is GL4 rated, that is due to the emissions on your truck. Same with engine oil, most of us use regular old Rotella or Delo here, nothing fancy is required and is best for the motor in the long run.

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Toolguy
07-31-2021, (Subject: Cummins isx ) 
Letting yall know turn out it was my fuel pump head and the bottom part was replaced Dec 2019 to updated version with ss parts not ceramic. The plunger were stuck in the head and etr fuel control auctuator was replaced and it's running great once again and has the normal boost pressure around 37psi it was around 25 to 28psi
replyreply
07-31-2021, (Subject: Cummins isx ) 
As long as there were no broken parts or metal shavings, especially with the tappets, rollers and cam, then your engine should be ok. If there was any debris that could have entered the oil then you would need to follow up by thoroughly cleaning any and all oil passages throughout the engine and any accessories that get oil, like the turbo.

Cummins fault code 559, is nothing to play around with. While it could be triggered by extremely low filter side fuel pressure or running the fuel system dry or a _major_ rail pressure leak, it's usually the oh-sh1t signal that your fuel pump head is toast. Simply put, when this code pops up you need to stop immediately and determine the cause.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.