New crank damper
07-01-2021, (Subject: New crank damper ) 
RE: New crank damper
Nope, the wedge is an angle. As long as it's flush tight to the head flat and the cam flat you are good.
replyreply
(06-30-2021 )earnies2 Wrote:  2nd update
Well I rotated the crank 180° and the wedges fit in... are they supposed to go all the way down to the head?

How I check one is that I do not pin the engine crank. I simply turn the engine until I get to the "PIN" mark on the crank shaft damper (and the flat is mostly in aligment at the cam) ... I then rotate the engine a bit one way and the other while inserting the wedge to seat it all the way against the flat on the cam it belongs to. - After that, I look down at the alignment mark to see if it aligns up with the "PIN" position indicator.. and see how far off it might be. If it is directly on the "PIN" mark .. it has not slipped .. if it is off by quite a little a bit, it has most likely slipped.

I do this for each cam one at a time independently if it is a dual overhead cam engine.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: snailexpress , earnies2 , Volvo8873
(07-01-2021 )Rawze Wrote:  
(06-30-2021 )earnies2 Wrote:  2nd update
Well I rotated the crank 180° and the wedges fit in... are they supposed to go all the way down to the head?

How I check one is that I do not pin the engine crank. I simply turn the engine until I get to the "PIN" mark on the crank shaft damper (and the flat is mostly in aligment at the cam) ... I then rotate the engine a bit one way and the other while inserting the wedge to seat it all the way against the flat on the cam it belongs to. - After that, I look down at the alignment mark to see if it aligns up with the "PIN" position indicator.. and see how far off it might be. If it is directly on the "PIN" mark .. it has not slipped .. if it is off by quite a little a bit, it has most likely slipped.

I do this for each cam one at a time independently if it is a dual overhead cam engine.

Thanks for that info I am sure my cams are in alignment
replyreply
07-04-2021, (Subject: New crank damper ) 
The Mark's have disappeared on my isx15 cm2350. Well over 500k anyway, so I bought a new one. Any big trick to install?
replyreply
(07-04-2021 )W9L Wrote:  The Mark's have disappeared on my isx15 cm2350. Well over 500k anyway, so I bought a new one. Any big trick to install?

paint the new one first ... otherwise there is no warranty on it and it will rust out.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(07-04-2021 )W9L Wrote:  Any big trick to install?

Nope, just follow the procedure and make sure you have the right sized puller. I've heard plenty of people that had a hard time pulling the old one off, but mine popped right off without much effort.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
Not a lot of room for a puller for a puller with the fan shroud 4 or 5 inches in front of it. How about the serpentine pulley is it mainly just bolted? Middle of this dampener is only about 3/16 to 1/4 inch thick so surely it won't take too much jarring with a dead blow to get off. May warp the old one but I will polish the crank boss up good before install.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.