cm870 calcuulatted exhaust temp derate
07-03-2021, (Subject: cm870 calcuulatted exhaust temp derate ) 
cm870 calcuulatted exhaust temp derate
hey i have a cm870 deleted....when ever i climb hills i get a derate....connected insite and realized its and calculated exhaust temp derate.....when ever the calculated temp reaches 1200 degrees it derates....anny way i can turn this off with calterm??
replyreply
RE: cm870 calcuulatted exhaust temp derate
what is the actual boost and egt's?

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
boost never past 39 psi....dont have a pyro but ecm calculated reaches up to 1300f
replyreply
07-04-2021, (Subject: cm870 calcuulatted exhaust temp derate ) 
(07-03-2021 )wellrun Wrote:  boost never past 39 psi....dont have a pyro but ecm calculated reaches up to 1300f

It should not be doing that is my point... it is not normal. Maybe a problem with tune?... or problem with a sensor feedback somewhere?

Replace intake pressure sensor, check circuit id clear for the exhaust manifold pressure sensor ans replace it, etc.. find the problem instead of trying to cover it up.

There is known issue with calculated EGT's spiking between shifts, however it does not derate the engine over it. Under any kind of steady condition for it to read that high, something is actually wrong.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
i have an exhaust leak at number 5 that squeals excessively loud could that be my problem?
replyreply
(07-03-2021 )wellrun Wrote:  boost never past 39 psi....dont have a pyro but ecm calculated reaches up to 1300f

I also forgot to mention that 39 psi is too high for that thing. It should not be more than about 37 (maybe 38 peak) or so.. even at 600HP. - 39 is really pushing your luck with it.

What are the oil temps getting to?

What is the HP/torque set to?

also, how old is the muffler?... muffler clogging over time or any exhaust restrictions can cause higher than normal beak-pressures and EGT's. Also goes back to checking the manifold pressure sensor (replacing it if it is old) and ensuring its feed-circuit is not clogged up. That feed-circuit on them likes to clog up on em. Same thing with the intake pressure sensor.. and ensuring there are no CAC and other leaks.. any CAC / boost leaks and the turbo is going to choke the exhaust and make more heat.

replyreply
dont have a oil temp gauge yes my boost goes up to even 40 once its set to 400hp 1650ftlbs muffler has been this truck a long time now
replyreply
07-05-2021, (Subject: cm870 calcuulatted exhaust temp derate ) 
Look at oil temp with insite

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.