Cm2250
07-04-2021, (Subject: Cm2250 ) 
Cm2250
Hi guys. Im from Australia and recently had the scr system demandated and hp uprate on my cm2250. Since demandate truck has ran rough and temps are through the roof. I know how to open cals and have a badic understanding of calterm and how the engines works. Any tips what to look for? Thanks
replyreply
RE: Cm2250
(07-04-2021 )Bale309 Wrote:  Hi guys. Im from Australia and recently had the scr system demandated and hp uprate on my cm2250. Since demandate truck has ran rough and temps are through the roof. I know how to open cals and have a badic understanding of calterm and how the engines works. Any tips what to look for? Thanks

Get a copy of that programming to Rawze, see what you have. Sounds like a very bad engine destroying tune. What kind of temps and your boost levels? You may be well on the way to actually melting a piston, which can be common with these butchered tunes.

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
(07-04-2021 )Waterloo Wrote:  
(07-04-2021 )Bale309 Wrote:  Hi guys. Im from Australia and recently had the scr system demandated and hp uprate on my cm2250. Since demandate truck has ran rough and temps are through the roof. I know how to open cals and have a badic understanding of calterm and how the engines works. Any tips what to look for? Thanks

Get a copy of that programming to Rawze, see what you have. Sounds like a very bad engine destroying tune. What kind of temps and your boost levels? You may be well on the way to actually melting a piston, which can be common with these butchered tunes.

Boost is running at about 40 psi. We run a non vgt turbo over here to. Engines temps usually run around 95-100 constantly and oil temp is up aswell.
replyreply
Boost is way too high. A non VGT? What are you running, a waste gate Holset? Is the EGR cooler still on the motor? Which 2250 motor is it, hp/torque, tier? Can you shoot a photo of the data plate from the motor? How about the fuel pump? And mileage on the motor? Take some photos of the motor too, turbo side.

Sounds like the motor is really butchered up.

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
(07-04-2021 )Waterloo Wrote:  Boost is way too high. A non VGT? What are you running, a waste gate Holset? Is the EGR cooler still on the motor? Which 2250 motor is it, hp/torque, tier? Can you shoot a photo of the data plate from the motor? How about the fuel pump? And mileage on the motor? Take some photos of the motor too, turbo side.

Sounds like the motor is really butchered up.

Its Australian version cm2250. They are wastgated holset from factory. No egr from factory either. We only run scr (adblue) over here
replyreply
Really? Never heard of that, and we have more than a few guys from OZ that are members here. Well, this is one for Rawze, he is going to be your best bet, as he does know about these motors. I would shoot Rawze a copy of the file out of the ECM and see what is really going on in there.

replyreply
(07-04-2021 )Waterloo Wrote:  Really? Never heard of that, and we have more than a few guys from OZ that are members here. Well, this is one for Rawze, he is going to be your best bet, as he does know about these motors. I would shoot Rawze a copy of the file out of the ECM and see what is really going on in there.

Yeh mate there called an e5 or x15 here and there pretty basic. I will have to send rawze a copy and see what he thinks.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
(07-04-2021 )Waterloo Wrote:  Really? Never heard of that, and we have more than a few guys from OZ that are members here. Well, this is one for Rawze, he is going to be your best bet, as he does know about these motors. I would shoot Rawze a copy of the file out of the ECM and see what is really going on in there.

Yeh mate there called an e5 or x15 here and there pretty basic. I will have to send rawze a copy and see what he thinks.
replyreply
(07-04-2021 )Bale309 Wrote:  Yeh mate there called an e5 or x15 here and there pretty basic. I will have to send rawze a copy and see what he thinks.

Its a typical euro-5 engine ISX. They use internal EGR via an altered combustion cycle instead of an EGR valve and they also dump raw fuel into the exhaust (via injection pulses on the exhaust stroke) to keep the SCR unit clean every so often instead of having a DPF can.

95% chances are in favour of it having a horrible program in that ecm, most people who make those so called "tunes" are nothing but brain butchers who have no idea how these engine run, only block the fault codes from showing up in the dash, and it simply fools the driver into thinking everything is ok. They torture the engine internally, causing a severely shortened engine life.

Copy the program out of the ecm and send me a copy of it. that is your first task. Find out what kinda program someone has made and stuck in there.

NEXT: You need to adjust that wastegate and drop that boost down to about 36 psi or so.. 40 psi is too high for that engine with no emissions controls on it any more.

Is the SCR guttered out?, or a straight pipe installed to replace it?--- if not then that also needs to be done.. That SCR is going to restrict the exhaust flow and clog up after a while if it has a de-mandate program in it... as it can no longer keep itself clean.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , Bale309

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.