Scr code/ ELD system
12-03-2022, (Subject: Scr code/ ELD system ) 
Scr code/ ELD system
Just purchase 2018 579,
When I plugged in my ELD system the SCR code on dash came on . Now unplug it run force Regen went to TN and back nothing run just fine . Get back
Tryed again after getting in argument with company why I didn't stay there for them to troubleshoot. Plugged back in and same thing happened. What's up with this. Going Monday afternoon to ATL at the ELD shop to see what's up.
replyreply
12-03-2022, (Subject: Scr code/ ELD system ) 
RE: Scr code/ ELD system
I know on my new truck the eld cannot plug into the diagnostic port. It had to use a rp1226 connector. I plugged mine into the diagnostic port and it cause issues even with the key off. Things like powering on the dash like the key was on. Once I found out i needed to order the proper cable it fixed my issues. The part number is 45-JE141-1A. I know in 2018 they still used the round green plug for ELD but in 2019 they changed to the RP1226 plug for ELD. I wonder if your harness was the 2019 harness in the 18 truck....
replyreply
12-04-2022, (Subject: Scr code/ ELD system ) 
When I worked at the large rental company they used geotab device
When they went bad they would cause all kinda of stupid crap like this
and if they were not install behind the dash where they could stay cool in the summer they would start dropping like flies when temps got over 100 degrees lol
replyreply
12-04-2022, (Subject: Scr code/ ELD system ) 
things that come to mind as possible causes ...

maybe one or more of ...

* poor quality , or improper impedance wiring uesed for the j19239 twisted pair.

* Terminating resistor is turned on for the ELD and it should not be.

* Network wires are too long or someone has coiled the excess up into a circular loop (another no-no) instead of folding the excess it over onto itself.

* Poor quality j1939 controller inside the ELD. SOmething like a cheap-o MCP2515 was used in the device as the front end chip for the nertwork.. and it is not able to properly prevent signal collisions like a most sophiosticated chip can.. and its clobberig other netqwork traffic... in your case, one of the sensors.

-===========

also, .. why would you get an SCR code?. Are you putting it on the network in the dash?.. or on the engine harness network?. -== seems a bit odd any ways. Just make sure its on the truck network and not the engine harness network.

=================

and if the truck is demandated.. make sure BOTH networks show 60-ohms with the truck shut off for about 5 minutes. Many deleted trucks, some complete idiot unplugs stuff down under the truck and it inadvertently disconnects the terminating resistor for the enigne J1939 network, as it is down at the DPF, etc.
-== engine harness network ends up at 120-ohms resistance (instead of 60 like it is supposed to be) .. and still functions.. but all kinds of ghosts and problems arise later on like not being able to calibrate a turbo.. or turbo intermittent controller issues.. or other ghosts like when you plug in something, something else stops working properly. etc.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
12-05-2022, (Subject: Scr code/ ELD system ) 
I’ve heard of this happening with Trackensure. Usually it’s the ELD box.
replyreply
12-05-2022, (Subject: Scr code/ ELD system ) 
Had a keeptruckin ELD fail once, except it caused the all the modules to lose communication with each other resulting in the truck being inoperable until the eld harness was unplugged from the truck. Replaced the ELD box all was good after that.
replyreply
12-10-2022, (Subject: Scr code/ ELD system ) 
Thanks for all the reply s, it turned out to be the transmitter box for the ELD , still confused that it would trip the scr, but it's fixed, thanks
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.