Cm871 bad mpg
11-23-2022, (Subject: Cm871 bad mpg ) 
RE: Cm871 bad mpg
Governed speed and tire size might be changeable with insite.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
Insite 8.3, 8.5, 8.6, and 8.7 are fairly easy to install on windows 10, if you know what sellers to look for you can get a legit nexiq from amazon but ebay is a no go. Its nearly impossible to find a distributor that has a nexiq in stock other than snapon. So he has a good point with the inline 6.... Especially if you only want cummins software because the nexiq is 750-800 for legit. But if you are in this for the long run then you need to use your judgement for your personal needs. Ive personally never used an inline 6 so i cant give an opinion on that.
replyreply
(11-23-2022 )Bengy88 Wrote:  Insite 8.3, 8.5, 8.6, and 8.7 are fairly easy to install on windows 10, if you know what sellers to look for you can get a legit nexiq from amazon but ebay is a no go. Its nearly impossible to find a distributor that has a nexiq in stock other than snapon. So he has a good point with the inline 6.... Especially if you only want cummins software because the nexiq is 750-800 for legit. But if you are in this for the long run then you need to use your judgement for your personal needs. Ive personally never used an inline 6 so i cant give an opinion on that.

Yea that makes sense.i think I might have a couple old laptop with windows 7 and with windows 10.
replyreply
On another note ,what rpm are you guys keeping these 871 for best mpg and longevity.me personally I'm not a hot rotter, my mission is always to make my truck as efficient as possible and not to hurt it at the same time.thanks for the replies.
replyreply
11-24-2022, (Subject: Cm871 bad mpg ) 
(11-23-2022 )Bigmack713 Wrote:  On another note ,what rpm are you guys keeping these 871 for best mpg and longevity.me personally I'm not a hot rotter, my mission is always to make my truck as efficient as possible and not to hurt it at the same time.thanks for the replies.

anything below 1500rpm with heavy fuel pedal commands is considered lugging the engine and shortens its life.. it can be as much as half as long depending on how much you try to climb hills etc.. while below 1500 rpm.

some related info:
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...6#pid17356

and...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...8#pid24378

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
11-24-2022, (Subject: Cm871 bad mpg ) 
Thank you sir.
replyreply
12-01-2022, (Subject: Cm871 bad mpg ) 
I just wanted to give an update, I cleaned the IMAP sensor which didn't look too bad to begin with, truck MPG improved to 5.9,mpg.. I gained .7 mpg.. thank you to all who commented. When I get back home I am going to change the IMAP and the exhaust back pressure sensors. That should really wake her up.
replyreply
12-01-2022, (Subject: Cm871 bad mpg ) 
(12-01-2022 )Bigmack713 Wrote:  I just wanted to give an update, I cleaned the IMAP sensor which didn't look too bad to begin with, truck MPG improved to 5.9,mpg.. I gained .7 mpg.. thank you to all who commented. When I get back home I am going to change the IMAP and the exhaust back pressure sensors. That should really wake her up.

you cannot "clean" the IMAP properly. All you did was clean the temperature part of the sensor that sticks down into the manifold. The most important part of that sensor, pressure sensor part, is buried up in the head of the sensor and cannot be cleaned properly.. with chemicals,. or any other way. ->.. REPLACE IT WITH A NEW ONE!.
ref: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...87#pid1087

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
12-04-2022, (Subject: Cm871 bad mpg ) 
Will do.thank
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.