Cat's Eye or Crossfire?
07-05-2021, (Subject: Cat's Eye or Crossfire? ) 
RE: Cat's Eye or Crossfire?
I like the Crossfire, I have had the company actually replace one for free, and Fleet Pride stocks them, as do a few Petros. I haven't seen the Cat's Eye units since the 90's, I did not know they were still around. Other than that one replacement, I have not had any issues with mine in what, ten years? Somewhere around there, only issues are with the tire monkeys that cannot thread them properly on the valve stems. I always wind up re-installing them myself after any tire work.

And one item I would suggest, no matter what you get, is a long handled 1/2" wrench, as long as you can find, as it makes it much easier installing them at the inner tire valve stem. I found this one on Amazon and carry it in the truck.

https://amzn.to/3qOOSb7

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
Cat's Eye or Crossfire? - JimT - 07-04-2021,
RE: Cat's Eye or Crossfire? - Waterloo - 07-05-2021

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.