Cat's Eye or Crossfire?
07-18-2021, (Subject: Cat's Eye or Crossfire? ) 
RE: Cat's Eye or Crossfire?
Installed everything last weekend no problem. Of course after i asked about torque I noticed that the aluminum rims had both the torque and maximum pressures stamped on them. Everything went on nice and easy, no initial leaks and 1 week out nothing has changed.

Brackets are electro-plated galvanized steel, I wouldn't call them cheap, probably more than sufficient for the application. As for the weight and balance, they are pretty light weight and even on the wheel studs they sit fairly close to the hub so I don't think balance will be noticeably affected.

Checking for proper inflation is easy with a quick glance. Even a 1 psi drop below the manufactured setting will cause the "eye" to visibly start to open. A 10 psi drop results in the eye being fully open. Interestingly I found my cheap-o tire inflation stick gauge was off by about 2-3 psi (resulting in slight under inflation) so I switched to a dial gauge that instead.

Will attach some pictures in a few minutes.

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
Cat's Eye or Crossfire? - JimT - 07-04-2021,
RE: Cat's Eye or Crossfire? - JimT - 07-18-2021

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.