Cat's Eye or Crossfire?
11-28-2022, (Subject: Cat's Eye or Crossfire? ) 
RE: Cat's Eye or Crossfire?
The Cat's Eye have been working flawlessly since install. No leaks and the visual indicator is pretty consistent. It goes from fulled closed at the manufactured setting (IE: 105psi or 110psi) all the way to fully open at 10 psi under the designed pressure. So even 1 psi difference can be noticed visually. I bought 105psi units though I keep my tires at or about 110psi cold. This way anything above 110 psi will show fully closed on the cats eye and only after the pressure drops below 110 does the cat's eye start to open. With 105psi units the cat's eye would be fully open at 95psi or lower. (Edit: The first 2 or so psi drop, while noticeable, only really show as a slight crack in the wall of yellow. So like 108psi at close inspection can show, but a few feet away doesn't stand out)

I also recently got a wireless TPMS with flow through sensors that I installed between the cats eye hose and the tire valve stem. Since then I've been able to watch the pressures rise and fall and outside and inside tires always stay within 1psi of each other as they heat and cool throughout the day.

As far as I can tell the 2 different systems are virtually identical in design and functionality with only the visual indicator looking different. Although I haven't compared the inner parts, so it's just speculation on my part.

The L brackets they give you allow for a few different mounting options. Either on the wheel studs or on the hub bolts. I chose to mount mine on a wheel stud between the rim and the lugnut with the main valve extended toward the axle. This keeps them tucked nicely into the wheel against the hub and unlikely to be disturbed by wind, debris or most anything else. But I don't have any lugnut or hub caps on my wheels which could get in the way.

Edit:
Guess I didn't need to describe the mounting as it's clearly visible in a picture I posted earlier in this thread.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hookliftpete , SquareOne

Messages In This Thread
Cat's Eye or Crossfire? - JimT - 07-04-2021,
RE: Cat's Eye or Crossfire? - JimT - 11-28-2022

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.