Spare engine rebuild???
07-07-2021, (Subject: Spare engine rebuild??? ) 
RE: Spare engine rebuild???
(07-07-2021 )DT_Duh_Trucker Wrote:  I say Rebuilt loosely because not all rebuild are created equal. So if I could get one for say 15k and have it sent to haggai to properly rebuild it would it end up costing more in the long run than say a inframe/ overhaul on my current motor? Or would it be worth it to have a motor ready for install once I start seeing problems that call for a inframe or rebuild.

the bigger question is WHY??? .. how often are you going to need a new engine??--- ( well maintained engine)every 10 years? .. or maybe (heavy haul)every 8? .. .. and sitting on a roughly $30,000 investment in the garage that looks all shiny new but will never yield a positive return for all that money just sitting there collecting dust??

It does not make any sense. The +1 week of downtime (vs the time it takes to do a swap anyways) for an inframe every 8+ years or more is just not worth having $30k collecting dust for no reason and then the added expense of only saving half the down time involved just swapping it out whenever that time does eventually come.

- just my thoughts.. I think it is a complete waste of money to do something like that unless you have about 20+ trucks or more and they all have the same exact engine/specs.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: barf

Messages In This Thread
RE: Spare engine rebuild??? - Rawze - 07-07-2021

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.