05 cummins 04 build date advise
07-11-2021, (Subject: 05 cummins 04 build date advise ) 
RE: 05 cummins 04 build date advise
(07-11-2021 )Robkiller Wrote:  
(07-10-2021 )Squish099 Wrote:  How many hrs? Maybe it doesn't have miles but it idled it's life away.. Pull valve cover and check cams for pitting. There's literally 100s of things that need to be gone over.

Waiting for hours. Good question. What would you go over if you had a good day before the trip home? Then what would you check after you make it home and have time to inspect or modify to insure a long life.

Yank that getting-a-new-truck glee out of your head and educate yourself first...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...1#pid31741

The paint job and how clean it is will tell you nothing about how big of a money pit an '06 is ... guarantee its a huge money pit at this point and you should plan on about $3000-$4000 the day you get it home ... that is doing all the work yourself to it... so that you can get it at least somewhat reliable again.... especially for a 15+ years old truck. - Crawling under it, pulling valve cover off it, and all sorts of other inspections .. and a LOT of maintenance that has been severely neglected is what to expect.

- I hope your not paying more than about $20k for that thing is all I will say.

NEXT:: What rear ratio? .. what other specs?, tranny? etc... and what type of freight you going to haul with it?

-- and you do realize that its a Volvo... it will be about 0.6 mpg less fuel efficient than any other Aero truck on the highways .. that is an extra $3,000-$4,000 bucks sucked out of your wallet every year, and more if fuel prices spike ... and it being a CM870... you might be able to get it into the low 7'ws if you hyper-mile it (drive it slow, by boost gauge and all the other tricks to do) ... otherwise, its going to be a fuel pig.. and the older Volvo trucks had only 3" intake and other piping and somewhat restrictive air flow under the hood .. making the engine less efficient than other brands of trucks with that same exact engine.

Lastly.. if it is deleted.. then I would not give more than $10k for it .. as it likely needs an inframe from all the "delete" file abuse it likely has in it.

just the beer talkin'

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 05 cummins 04 build date advise - Rawze - 07-11-2021

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.