05 cummins 04 build date advise
07-11-2021, (Subject: 05 cummins 04 build date advise ) 
RE: 05 cummins 04 build date advise
So the reason a semi hauler.

My thought was longer lasting, over build means not working it so hard it shortens the truck life. A new or newer 3500 is at least 2 times the money and is not build as well in my opinion. Room for the family to be comfortable and safer theoretically as it is a larger vehicle with more stopping power.

I do have a class A CDL even thought i have not done a large amount of OTR trucking i am not new to it with just a normal DL driving a big truck.

I have no issues working on engines or vehicles. I have rebuild smaller non commercial cummins engines so i am not going to be subject to giving money to a volvo dealer in most situations.

Personally i would rather find an older engine and put some money and time into it. It has sat and may need a lot of maintenance catchup more so then a newer one but newer has a lot of smog trouble causing crap on it.

I plan on checking for blow-by, leaks, bubbles in the coolant reservoir, taking the cover off the top end and checking for pitting and how much build up of crap it has.

After i get it home i will to a top end adjustment and get more into cleaning EGR system and all.

Anything else to check before i drive it home?

Thanks for the input i am sure no one has a perfect solution but if i had money i would by a class B hauler or new semi to haul but i feel this has a middle ground of cost and effort vs all cost. Sounds like i could easily be wrong.

I want to give my kids the ability to see the USA and travel. Something i could never do growing up and still not go crazy into debt.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 05 cummins 04 build date advise - Robkiller - 07-11-2021

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.