Advice on a new truck
08-02-2021, (Subject: Advice on a new truck ) 
RE: Advice on a new truck
Is the truck already built ?

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
(08-02-2021 )tree98 Wrote:  Is the truck already built ?

Yes it is last week was first week out with it
replyreply
Keep it above 1500 rpm during times of high power demand and get an 1850 torque program put in the ECM. Also try not to constantly max out on boost. Those things along with an annual EGR tuneup, oil change intervals based on fuel consumption not mileage, and installing a bypass oil filter and you'll be fine. I would set the overhead after 50K miles too.

replyreply
 Thanks given by: killer389
(08-02-2021 )killer389 Wrote:  Specs r for a new 2022 389 565 X15 with Eaton 18 with 2050 with 3:36 sitting on 275 80 r 22.5 pulling hopper usually maxed out 90-94k

should have been geared 3.90's with those weights. - Invest in a set of rears for it ASAP. Goddamn stealersd$it should have been taken out back and shot for selling it with those tall rears and those kinds of weights... goddamn thing will not get out of its own way hardly like that... and it tortures the life out of the engine.

Like Tree said.. I give it 400 - 500k miles and your be tearing the head off it for one reason or another with it geared tall and having to fight all that low-end torque to get it up to speed and to keep the momentum all the time. Your destines to drive it a gear or two down from top gear all the time too, just to keep from lugging it everywhere.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: killer389
Cummins must train their sales people to spec those tall rears. Then they say " these new engines have so much torque, you don't need low rears anymore" they thought I was crazy for ordering 4.10 in a log truck. If I could do it over again I would get 4.30 or maybe even lower.

replyreply
 Thanks given by: SquareOne
(08-02-2021 )tree98 Wrote:  Cummins must train their sales people to spec those tall rears. Then they say " these new engines have so much torque, you don't need low rears anymore" ...

'Mis-information' is a plaque which knows no boundaries apparently.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , DSTdriver
(08-02-2021 )SquareOne Wrote:  
(08-02-2021 )tree98 Wrote:  Cummins must train their sales people to spec those tall rears. Then they say " these new engines have so much torque, you don't need low rears anymore" ...

'Mis-information' is a plaque which knows no boundaries apparently.

They want to sell 2x as many overhaul kits is all that I can figure any more.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(08-02-2021 )Rawze Wrote:  They want to sell 2x as many overhaul kits is all that I can figure any more.
and the way the world's headed you are even lucky if you can get an OEM overhaul kit from them..
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.