Isx rods
07-17-2021, (Subject: Isx rods ) 
Isx rods
Could I use a set of rods that got reconditioned/cleaned up on another crank that’s used without being turned? Also the rod numbers are both the same. Can’t go off the valve cover since the original engine(01-02)had a hole in the top of the piston and they bought a used engine. Possibly an 05

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
RE: Isx rods
They need to be checked for proper balance, new wrist pin bushings installed as the tolerance on the ISX is very strick/tight tolerances .. or it will send a piston thru the block without warning. Also checked to ensure none are bent. -- by the time you have all that done, you might as well just buy new OEM rods.

-- Don't build a half-arssed, scrap-heap of an engine... always build one with a million miles in mind, all OEM internals, OEM head, overhaul kit etc. ... take ZERO shortcuts, and spare no expense ,... you will greatly regret it otherwise. - there is no return on an investment like a rebuild if it has to b e done again in 3 or 4 years all over again because some retard decided to go aftermarket and/or re-use/reman parts that should not have been reused. --- you ALWAYS LOOSE!

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Jchism3406 , Waterloo , JMBT
(07-17-2021 )Rawze Wrote:  They need to be checked for proper balance, new wrist pin bushings installed as the tolerance on the ISX is very strick/tight tolerances .. or it will send a piston thru the block without warning. Also checked to ensure none are bent. -- by the time you have all that done, you might as well just buy new OEM rods.

-- Don't build a half-arssed, scrap-heap of an engine... always build one with a million miles in mind, all OEM internals, OEM head, overhaul kit etc. ... take ZERO shortcuts, and spare no expense ,... you will greatly regret it otherwise. - there is no return on an investment like a rebuild if it has to b e done again in 3 or 4 years all over again because some retard decided to go aftermarket and/or re-use/reman parts that should not have been reused. --- you ALWAYS LOOSE!

Also I’m looking for an oem head but I can’t find anything. ATL diesel has them but I’m not sure if they are oem
replyreply
07-18-2021, (Subject: Isx rods ) 
I believe those ATL heads are Chinese... They normally do not last very long. You just have to call around, call every dealership/shop that has a Cummins sign hanging on the door until you find one, you may have to cross state lines.

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
I learned recently that Peterbilt (Probably all PACCAR) has switched how they import parts from overseas. Previously smaller shipments went directly to dealers or to regional warehouses, now they are all coming in to 1 or 2 locations and being distributed from there. Atlanta is the east coast import location. Not sure about west coast.

You may be wondering why this matters for Cummins parts? Well, the same could apply to Cummins parts made overseas then bulk purchased by someone like PACCAR, shipped directly to a place like Atlanta. So that might be a place to look if your willing to pay LTL freight to get it to you. Just a thought.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
If its Cummins for the N.E. usa call the N.E. distribution center directly

Call them even if your having problems anywhere in the country. I don't know how well their communication systems are. If you're having problems its always worth calling a distribution center directly. This place has a walk in counter too.

Cummins Power Systems / warehouse

8051 Allentown Blvd, Harrisburg, PA 17112
(717) 307-2001 https://g.co/kgs/mtyvZF
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , JimT , ZeroNthedark

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.