User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
07-22-2021, (Subject: Sales Tax ) 
RE: Sales Tax
It means inventory of vehicles
replyreply
07-23-2021, (Subject: Sales Tax ) 
Tree98, you'll have to do some research. There are plenty of states that have sales tax exempt status for all kinds of things if not down right everything used in the operation of transportation. It all depends on the state and the way the MC# is set up.

Next you'll be saying there is no benefit for operations in certain states to register their commercial trailer in another state. Mine is registered in Maine and it'll be that way as long as my base of operations is in Pennsylvania.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: tree98 , Rawze
I see a lot of trailers registered in maine. I learn something new here all the time.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
This is interesting, in the "I don't understand any of this bureaucratic nonsense" sort of way. Just one more reason for me to hire someone to deal with "human resources and governmental affairs" should I ever get my own authority and/or expand to a small fleet. I mean that seriously, as it would probably be more cost effective than trying to learn and navigate all that crap on my own. Especially if i make a costly mistake.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
07-25-2021, (Subject: Sales Tax ) 
Jim really all you need to do is join ooida. They’re who I called to help me with this. I knew there was an exemption, but I didn’t know what it was called. I tried to post here first hoping one of you guys would know. After internet searches failed, I called them to find out that it’s the rolling stock exemption.

They can guide you through setting up your own authority, and offer tips, insurance and services to get you started. I was told some brokers don’t accept their insurance, so you would have to do your own research on that.

As far as growing to a small fleet, I would agree that you would probably be better served hiring an administrative professional(s) to keep you compliant.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.