Power invertor
07-22-2021, (Subject: Power invertor ) 
Power invertor
Can anyone recommend a good 2000+ watt continuous invertor?
replyreply
RE: Power invertor
xantrex makes the best brand of power inverters... ONLY EVER BUY a fully pure sinewave one no matter what brand you get.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Explosia , JimT
That's what I use and I agree, pure sine wave only. Electronics are sensitive to that and there's electronics in nearly everything we use these days. Computers, TV's, phone chargers, coffee makers, microwaves, even my portable fridge.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Explosia
07-24-2021, (Subject: Power invertor ) 
(07-22-2021 )Explosia Wrote:  Can anyone recommend a good 2000+ watt continuous invertor?

What are you trying to power? Most often, for most appliances, you can getaway using a 1500-2000 watt pure sine inverter. Where people often have problems is with the size of the cable being used and any inline fuse.
replyreply
i have a renogy 2000 watt pure sine I got from lowes for $300 over a year ago its still going I think its a few dollars cheaper now.. but xantrex and aims are supposed to be better. that being said i bought the renogy because it was in stock at the local lowes when my aims unit failed suddenly and I didn't want to wait on the mail
replyreply
Brand isn't the most important. As long as it's pure sine wave, can handle your continuous load AND has a surge capacity around 30-50% more then the continuous rating then you should be OK. Yes, wire size and distance will greatly affect how the inverter performs and how efficiently it uses the battery's power.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Explosia
07-25-2021, (Subject: Power invertor ) 
This one has been a solid performer over the past year + in my sleeper, https://amzn.to/3eVkmYx
It runs all of the appliances I have thrown at it without issue. The footprint is not much larger than the 1800 watt unit it replaced, another factor in purchasing. So far, no issues with it only being 2200 watt, I did the math on everything in my sleeper and this was more than enough to take care of my needs, including running the Ninja Grill. Also, this company does have a US presence, which was part of the reason that I went with this one, you never know with Chinesium products.

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Explosia
07-25-2021, (Subject: Power invertor ) 
Wow Waterloo, that’s the exact one I bought haha. I really wanted 3000 watt, because I’m getting back on keto. My last inverter was 2200 and it didn’t like going over the low setting on my grill, which I didn’t understand because it’s rated at 1250 watts. But it still worked just had to cook slower, and this is more affordable so I went with it.
replyreply
08-07-2021, (Subject: Power invertor ) 
This is the one I have and have not had a problem with it in 3 years

3500W Pure Sine Inverter

The number 1 thing with any inverter is safety. Seen many a Truck-B-Q caused by under rated cable going to inverters..

One important thing to remember with any DC wiring really is the longer the run of wire the larger the wire has to be to carry the current. As well as the larger the desired current the larger the wire.

1000-2000 watts for a cable run of 5-15 feet I recommend 3/0 called three ott or 000 welding cable. The reason I use welding cable is because it's flexible.

000 20' welding cable 10' Red 10' Black

2000-4000 watts run of 5-15 feet I recommend 4/0 0000 four ott welding cable

4/0 0000 20' 10' Red 10' Black Welding cable

With ALL inverter installs I HIGHLY recommend using a circuit breaker.. To be effective this breaker should be inline on the positive (Red) wire with in 1' to maximum 2' of the batteries. Mine is in my battery box with a 1' lead from the battery to the breaker and a 1' lead from the breaker to a 300 Amp cut off switch then off to the inverter... I use the 300 Amp cut off switch so that the circuit breaker protects the switch as well.

Try not to go over 10' of cable from the batteries to the inverter and DO NOT go over 15' when using an inverter over 2000w. REMEMBER WHAT I SAID ABOUT CURRENT LOSS THE LONGER THE WIRE.... THAT LOSS IS THROUGH HEAT.. THE LONGER THE WIRE THE HOTTER TEMPERATURE WISE IT GETS... KEEP IT UNDER 15'

200 AMP Circuit Breaker

300 Amp Disconnect (Cut Off) Switch

You always want to use a cut off switch specially with Pure Sine inverters because they are always using power even when nothing is running on them, if they are on they draw power. Now you can just use the power switch on the inverter however again for safety you want the cut off switch because should you get a short in that size wire it will heat and possibly start a fire before you could unhook it from the batteries, the cut off switch makes that instant.

Also ALWAYS use Crimp on Lugs on all cable ends, don't go cheap on this...

000 cable lugs

0000 Cable lugs

User's Signature: 08 KW W900L 600hp ISX, 18sp, 3:36 rears.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hookliftpete , Explosia , barf

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.