Gear Down Setting's
07-23-2021, (Subject: Gear Down Setting's ) 
Gear Down Setting's
I was wondering what the best gear down setting would be? i thought my truck was going in to derate but somewhat fixed that problem and just got looking around into the settings and found my gear down under heavy engine load was 61 and light engine load was 58 mph, and thats right where it does it in 9th gear trying to keep the rpms up, was looking for some insite on where to set it a? 08 pete 387 cm871 10 speed ultrashitter auto. just tryiny to keep the rpms up on the hills and truck will run 58 at 1550 rpm's will go to 61 then back down to 58 and shifts very early into 10th. any help would be great, thanks
replyreply
07-24-2021, (Subject: Gear Down Setting's ) 
RE: Gear Down Setting's
The best gear down protection is to have it completely set to "disabled".

Unless you are a garbage driver mill operator that absolutely refuses how to properly drive a truck this setting is awful.

Another one to disable is LBSC. Load based speed control. This one does nothing good. It makes the truck call on its face and I feel is down right dangerous.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: smorgan87 , superbudy208 , Rawze , JimT
07-24-2021, (Subject: Gear Down Setting's ) 
RE: Gear Down Setting's
thank you for the info. Ok will do the LBSC is set at 1800 and does not have a enable or disable option but turned off the geardown protection
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.