cm871 VGT nozzle rebulid kit to trust or not to trust?
08-19-2016, (Subject: cm871 VGT nozzle rebulid kit to trust or not to trust? ) 
RE: cm871 VGT nozzle rebulid kit to trust or not to trust?
(08-19-2016 )in2trux Wrote:  If you look at their stage 1 & 2 871 egr solution, scary! Especially the big plug on the water pump.
Can't say I'd trust their judgement.

Haha I noticed the same thing. If you read their instructions they recommend block all the coolant line on the side of the motor.
replyreply
08-20-2016, (Subject: cm871 VGT nozzle rebulid kit to trust or not to trust? ) 
(08-19-2016 )in2trux Wrote:  If you look at their stage 1 & 2 871 egr solution, scary! Especially the big plug on the water pump.
Can't say I'd trust their judgement.

I have had a couple people bring over those "delete" kits from them. they are horrible and nothing was of stainless, not even the block plates. They also were not thick enough to hold up for any length of time. Also, I have had more than a few people who did use only their block plates end up with destroyed turbochargers.

There is a multitude of junk advertised all over the Internet that is just waiting for that unsuspecting truck owner to jump on in hopes to solve some problem. Everything from miracle liquid cures, to replacement parts from china, to quick fixes for your emissions problems. -- The sad part is that most learn the hard way in the end that none of it actually works well enough for it to not cost you 30x more in the other problems they create. In the mean time, the crooks have gotten their money and blame you when something goes wrong.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Has anyone cam up with a coolant transfer tube for a cm870? To go in place of the egr cooler. I understand the negatives of blocking off the egr passages, but how does a cm570 and 870 get proper coolant to the back of the block, neither have the rear egr cooler port?
replyreply
(08-20-2016 )Rig Wrench Wrote:  Has anyone cam up with a coolant transfer tube for a cm870? To go in place of the egr cooler. I understand the negatives of blocking off the egr passages, but how does a cm570 and 870 get proper coolant to the back of the block, neither have the rear egr cooler port?

I was wondering that sometime ago. I have a cm871 and I was thinking that if my EGR cooler somehow sprung a coolant leak that I could remove it completly and put a pipe in its place that still moves the coolant the to back of the motor.
replyreply
(08-20-2016 )Rig Wrench Wrote:  Has anyone cam up with a coolant transfer tube for a cm870? To go in place of the egr cooler. I understand the negatives of blocking off the egr passages, but how does a cm570 and 870 get proper coolant to the back of the block, neither have the rear egr cooler port?

Can't speak for 570 , but 870 doesn't need any and it doesn't have any negative effects on the cooling and pump . Not so with 871 . 871 definitely need one to have proper flow !!!
Rawze stressed on that many times and he is spot on .
replyreply
08-21-2016, (Subject: cm871 VGT nozzle rebulid kit to trust or not to trust? ) 
(08-20-2016 )Wiseman Wrote:  

Can't speak for 570 , but 870 doesn't need any and it doesn't have any negative effects on the cooling and pump . Not so with 871 . 871 definitely need one to have proper flow !!!

I am pretty sure the 870 needs it too. They are essentially the same engine block, and YES it will face load the pump too!.

Cummins makes a cross-pipe for engines blocks without an EGR cooler on them. It is made for just that reason for the QSK engines that use the same block. Good luck finding it/getting it though. I have seen it installed on brand new engines that do not require EGR.

Even so, I STILL WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS! -- Ask that guy who got nailed in texas for $8,000 by a state trooper because he removed his EGR cooler? -- Good example of WHY you don't waive your arms around while tip-toeing past a sleeping bear. -- The EGR cooler is cheaper by far!. Do the right thing and replace it if it goes bad.

Mine was replaced at 180k miles on the truck. The replacement now has 780,000 miles and still going strong. It was only the early models that were weak.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
The 870 cooler ports don't go to the rear of the block. One is around the number 2 cylinder area, the othe is in the thermostat housing, they are roughly half the size of that of the 871/2250 as well. Cm 570 has no external coolant passages that I can find
replyreply
(08-21-2016 )Rig Wrench Wrote:  The 870 cooler ports don't go to the rear of the block. One is around the number 2 cylinder area, the othe is in the thermostat housing, they are roughly half the size of that of the 871/2250 as well. Cm 570 has no external coolant passages that I can find

Thanks, did not know that.

replyreply
(08-21-2016 )Rawze Wrote:  
(08-20-2016 )Wiseman Wrote:  

I am pretty sure the 870 needs it too. They are essentially the same engine block, and YES it will face load the pump too!.

Cummins makes a cross-pipe for engines blocks without an EGR cooler on them. It is made for just that reason for the QSK engines that use the same block. Good luck finding it/getting it though. I have seen it installed on brand new engines that do not require EGR.

Even so, I STILL WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS! -- Ask that guy who got nailed in texas for $8,0000 by a state trooper because he removed his EGR cooler? -- Good example of WHY you don't waive your arms around while tip-toeing past a sleeping bear. -- The EGR cooler is cheaper by far!. Do the right thing and replace it if it goes bad.

Mine was replaced at 180k miles on the truck. The replacement now has 780,000 miles and still going strong. It was only the early models that were weak.

Good info. Thanks Rawze, I hear what you're saying about tip-toeing past a sleeping bear haha. It makes perfect since, especially with the chance of being inspected in California. However, as you know, I still like to know all the possibilities and the ins-and-outs with this motor.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.