Steer hub cover
09-21-2021, (Subject: Steer hub cover ) 
Steer hub cover
My truck a 2003 International 9900 has this hub cover on the steer axle and I’m wondering if it’s an oil bath since it doesn’t have a fill hole in the middle and different from the ones I’m used to.

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
09-21-2021, (Subject: Steer hub cover ) 
RE: Steer hub cover
It is a unitized hub, there is no fixing or maintenance and you will have to replace the hub as whole if there is an issue.

User's Signature: Born and raised in Vyskonsin on milk, cheese, bread, and beer!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Redland1
09-22-2021, (Subject: Steer hub cover ) 
(09-21-2021 )Volvo8873 Wrote:  It is a unitized hub, there is no fixing or maintenance and you will have to replace the hub as whole if there is an issue.

How can I tell when there is an issue with one of these?
replyreply
09-22-2021, (Subject: Steer hub cover ) 
(09-22-2021 )Redland1 Wrote:  
(09-21-2021 )Volvo8873 Wrote:  It is a unitized hub, there is no fixing or maintenance and you will have to replace the hub as whole if there is an issue.

How can I tell when there is an issue with one of these?

Jack it up, remove the tire, and check the end play .. and the up/down play in the hub with a Dial indicator.. as specified in the hub service manual.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Redland1 , Pd6cas2

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.