Buying 2015 isx 2350 234k miles high hours
09-30-2021, (Subject: Buying 2015 isx 2350 234k miles high hours ) 
RE: Buying 2015 isx 2350 234k miles high hours
11,00 hours is a h$ell of a lot of PTO, chewing up the liners at low RPM's and high torque its whole life... guarantee that engine is soon to be in a shop with a liner problem... a $20,000+ inframe in its near future.

next: THE FUEL PUMP GUTS NEED REPLACING EVERY 400K MILES OR 8,000 HOURS REGARDLESS OF WHAT PLUNGERS IT HAS IN IT!!... ALL COMMON RAIL ISX FUEL PUMP DESIGNS AND PLUNGER STYLES ARE AT RISK OF FAIL. IT DOES NOT MATTER WHAT TYPE OF PLUNGERS IT HAS IN IT!.. Even the newest type. The guts of that fuel pump should have been replaced at 8,000 hours... So its past due and it is a ticking time bomb ready to completely destroy that engine without any warning at this point. Realisticly, it should not even be driven until this has been done... so you need to include that right into the price of the truck purchase along with about $3,000 in other maintenance items to get it somewhat reliable again.

Hope you have the moneys for an inframe on standby if you purchase that truck. .. It isn't going to last much longer. I don't give it a year .. maybe ... and you'll be inframing it depending on what your going to use that truck for.

You don't buy a truck because "how it looks" or "how it feels" on a test drive ... that is a horrible, unwise way to go about buying a used truck!.

You consider buying a truck with the best matched specifications of how well it fits your operations, how much long term profitability it will yield vs. what it has towards lowering operating costs as much as possible, and then any options that will be needed. Then you determine if any trucks you find that meets those criteria.. (because owning a truck is about making a profit, not how it looks or feels), then determine what expectation of life it has left in it .. and then price it accordingly.

A lot of unanswered questions. A smart person does not buy a truck ready for an in-frame unless they have some planning ahead of them... and also they do not buy them "because they look good".. that is the biggest mistake truck owners make... buying a truck based on "how it feels" and "how it looks"... that is nothing but blowing smoke up your own arsse.

*Also what type of operation/type of loads do you plan on doing with it?... type of driving? .. local?, city?, highway<? routes? .. etc.

*What is the rear end ratio?... this is VERY important.
*What type of tranny, etc.?
* Is it de-mandated (deleted) or is all the emissions systems still in tact and functioning?

More info is needed for sure... unless that is .. you want to keep guessing in the dark based on touchy-feely things that have no merit torward making a solid, educated decision.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: FnG92

Messages In This Thread
RE: Buying 2015 isx 2350 234k miles high hours - Rawze - 09-30-2021

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.