Buying 2015 isx 2350 234k miles high hours
09-30-2021, (Subject: Buying 2015 isx 2350 234k miles high hours ) 
RE: Buying 2015 isx 2350 234k miles high hours
3.55'S is not bad. 3.79's would be slightly better, but it is in the ball-park and not some tall-geared, engine killing crap like most of the fleet trucks these days.

So your going to put a mid-roof T800 in front of dry-van reefer freight?.. that is going to cost you some fuel mileage.

Also its an Auto-Shitt#er?.. that is going to easily cost you about as much as $3,000+ (double this for team drivers) extra in fuel a year to run it with that tranny in it vs. good driving habits and a stick. The maintenance on it is going to be higher than a few years time as well. This needs to be considered, as your running when the industry calls ... low-rent freight.

That Auto-s$itter is also going to lug the crap out of that engine.. Those Autoshifter trannies, you would be lucky to get it to run above 1500 much at all when heavy.. you will have to have it in manual mode most of the time, they are very hard on the engine, always trying to keep the rpm low and luggin it. This shortens engine life by as much as about half on some trucks. Unless you have a handicap and cannot shift gears properly for yourself.. they are not the best choice at all.

The fuel mileage losses will be about 0.6mpg or so for the tranny per mile vs a good driver w good shifting habbits. Combine that with the mis-match mid-roof and tall trailers, its going to be another 0.4 - 0.8 depending on how fast you drive it. This is more than 1mpg fuel mileage losses alone, right off the top. You'de be lucky to keep it in the low to mid 7's if you only drive it 63 mph everywhere.. otherwise its going to be down in the 6's .. and this is not a good place to be for dry/reefer freight nowadays.

The HP is not high .. so it may have a chance to last a couple 3 more years ... maybe, but with that auto tranny and that mid-roof .. your going to be constantly throwing away fuel money and it is not ideal at all for Dry/reefer type operations at all... you will struggle if you don't keep your speeds down.

Driving by a boost gauge (keeping it below 20 psi on pulls) will be your friend. Hopefully it has a boost gauge in it and if not.. that should be the first investment for it after replacing the guts of the fuel pump.

the Price is too high if you ask me too. .. especially if you running that type of freight and fighting against fuel mileage losses like that. You will have to hyper-mile it and drive it below 63 all the time to make decent moneys with it. I am warning you up front.

-- Adding it up so far, your not setting yourself up very well for maximizing a profit margin.. that is what low-rent freight is all about. Dry/reefer freight is such that you need to imagine guys like me will come along and steal your customers out from under you and run the same loads for $2.25/mile (with an aero, 9-mpg truck) and you'll be wondering how we can make any moneys. That is what you will be doing if you don't do everything to be competitive in that market.

Just letting you know what you are getting into.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Buying 2015 isx 2350 234k miles high hours - Rawze - 09-30-2021

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.