Buying 2015 isx 2350 234k miles high hours
10-01-2021, (Subject: Buying 2015 isx 2350 234k miles high hours ) 
RE: Buying 2015 isx 2350 234k miles high hours
(10-01-2021 )tree98 Wrote:  Personally I've never seen any kind of deal at a RB auction..... I've also often wondered if they don't buy it back with an inside bid if it doesn't bring what they want it to....

Shill bidding <---- thats the term you're lookin for, and it happens at EVERY auction I've ever been to (I had a dealership for awhile, so I've been to a few lol).

I've watched plenty of guys have their buddies run up the bid so they can get what they want out of the vehicle, especially when those same people spotted 'green' bidders on their units. If you step back and pay attention, you can usually see who's doing what. Auctions are meant to be exciting, rushed and very confusing all at the same time....Usually that's when you'll pay too much. Money is made when ya buy the vehicle, not when ya sell it!

Typically, I did the best at larger auction with plenty people and units. Best deals were usually found at the end of the lanes when most people have either spent their money or just left because they were tired of standing. The odds of a good deal are much more in your favor without 30 other people trying to get it. The most important thing to remember is it only takes 2 people to want something for the bidding to skyrocket very quickly. ( I watched 2 people who hated each other drive the price of a Corvette through the roof just so the other one couldn't get it....only person who won that deal was the seller. ) Your best bet is to put a price in your head and walk away if it climbs higher. No matter how much the auctioneer and their 'assistants' badger you, just walk away. They'll be another deal to be had.

Good luck on what you decide.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , tree98

Messages In This Thread
RE: Buying 2015 isx 2350 234k miles high hours - SquareOne - 10-01-2021

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.