Coolant reservoir
10-02-2021, (Subject: Coolant reservoir ) 
Coolant reservoir
Replaced coolant and refilled using air lift tool. That tool is great. A couple days later it was a little low so I added about a quart. I since noticed coolant in compartment #2. It goes a little low after sitting but comes up when warmed up. How do you get the coolant out of the 2nd compartment into the main compartment? I don’t believe there was coolant in there before.
replyreply
10-03-2021, (Subject: Coolant reservoir ) 
RE: Coolant reservoir
It will usually draw it in on its own as the engine cools down unless your fill cap or pressure relief cap is not sealing/operating properly.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Mrkentee
10-03-2021, (Subject: Coolant reservoir ) 
(10-03-2021 )Rawze Wrote:  It will usually draw it in on its own as the engine cools down unless your fill cap or pressure relief cap is not sealing/operating properly.

OK, thanks. Always something.
replyreply
10-18-2021, (Subject: Coolant reservoir ) 
Be sure to check the Water/Fuel separator daily. As a company driver for many years I never checked a single one, but when I bought my truck and was surprised to learn you should empty daily and I emptied mine a tiny bit of red coolant came out and I had no clue what was going on at first after watching my coolant levels fluxing but never losing any I researched much more and found that my injector cups were leaking causing fuel PSI and Coolant PSI to fight each other making coolant level to go up and down when it was cold my level would go down and hot it would go right back up anyways after fixing those leaking cups it fixed that issue. And I hope nobody takes my stories as anything other than someone learning from my own experience and hoping it may help someone else I’m not sure if most guys check the water separator I’m not sure if you can drain all of them or if you should I just read my manual for my engine and it says to do it daily 11-2013 isx-15 cm2350
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , hookliftpete

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.