Shocks
08-23-2016, (Subject: Shocks ) 
RE: Shocks
(08-23-2016 )axe Wrote:  
(08-23-2016 )74bassman Wrote:  Where did you get the monroe shocs?? Do you have a part number??

I got mine at NAPA. I don't have the part number, but some of the other guys will hopefully chime in.

You could order them online Im sure also, probably cheaper if you don't have a good contact. My father owned NAPA store for over 40 years so I get pretty good discount.
replyreply
(08-23-2016 )axe Wrote:  
(08-23-2016 )axe Wrote:  
(08-23-2016 )74bassman Wrote:  Where did you get the monroe shocs?? Do you have a part number??

I got mine at NAPA. I don't have the part number, but some of the other guys will hopefully chime in.

You could order them online Im sure also, probably cheaper if you don't have a good contact. My father owned NAPA store for over 40 years so I get pretty good discount.

What kind of truck do you have? I thought in some of your posts I read were you had a Volvo. I have a Prostar but have had couple of Volvos in the past. Volvos are hard on front suspension, as someone else said put a good gas charged shock on there. Post year make and model of truck, gurus will be active ina while, they will guide ya.
replyreply
Hopefully, spent over a hour at peterbuilt on the phone with rush trying to get part numbers. Rush kept me on hold, and peterbuilt couldn't cross reference any numbers. I now need to replace the transmission mounts also.
Mr Hagg what would be the turn around if I brought you the truck in the am, to replace transmission mounts, shocks, and damper
replyreply
74bassman We are pretty backed up our selves. With one inframe and one getting a list a mile long. We might be able to work something in Friday but that would be the soonest. However as far as front end work I can call Hiil Tire in the morning and see what they can do. I also Have another shop we use for alignment here locally I can call if you want me to.
replyreply
Ok thanks, let me know.
replyreply
Prostar steers shocks Gabriels part#85954
Drives part#85931
Those are the cross numbers from the originals hopefully that helps so far on my prostar are holding real good.
replyreply
08-24-2016, (Subject: Shocks ) 
I have 2010 prostar.
replyreply
Tried napa this AM, they said those part numbers are obsolete.
replyreply
(08-24-2016 )74bassman Wrote:  Tried napa this AM, they said those part numbers are obsolete.

Mine it's a prostar 09, I bought mines here at Fontana California try some other suspension shops
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.