cm2350 ecm on cm2250 engine
01-19-2022, (Subject: cm2350 ecm on cm2250 engine ) 
RE: cm2350 ecm on cm2250 engine
(01-19-2022 )RGM Wrote:  I’m looking at a truck that had a CM2350 500 hp and they did a engine swap from the fuel pump taking it out to a CM 2250 that’s a 450st and use the CM 2350 ECM. And just bolted it up I was wondering if it should have been reprogrammed or is it ok to run with the cm2350 ecm.

Will it fire off and run?.. yup.. will it be right,.. NOT AT ALL!. - Repair shops can be so incredibly dumb it seems!.

it will not run it correctly without some serious custom programming made for it. The injectors will be incorrect, the compression ratios will be incorrect, the cam profile will be incorrect, and all sorts of other problems that will make it run far less than optimal.. not only that, but it will shorten its life by a significant amount because of this too.

-- Where are you buying this struck from??? a junk-yard?

it is also not legal to operate within the usa, etc.. , as the year manufacture and all emissions system components also have to go with the engine itself... meaning no one bothered swapping the emissions systems if it has a CM2350 ecm on it.

Before purchasing it.. and when considering the price of such an idiotic oversight by some likely, complete moron of a shop, etc. who would do this without any idea of what they had done ... i hope they are selling it on the real cheap... because any buyer also needs to heavily consider that If they want to own a truck that is not legally going to pass any kind of emissions inspections, like in California, Jew-jerky, etc.. and possibly future states... ... that it also would not even qualify as a "glider' either, unless someone goes back and installs all of the CM2250 emissions on it + the secondary controller that the CM2250 ecm's had.. of which it would require a CM2250 ecm to operate.

I am not saying it cannot be done.. It happens every so often around here where someone comes on here that has already been duped by that crap of an idea. There is a way to make it work, without the emissions systems operating, simply because they are not compatible... so the shortest answer would be...

It can work.. without the emissions systems .. but there is only one single person who is able to make such a program run that engine 100% correctly with the wrong ecm on it.

- Can a custom program be properly made to operate that CM2250 engine on a CM2350 ECM?.,.. yes (without the emissions systems, they are not compatible). This has had to be done for quite a few people who end up with this situation because of some shops stupidity, and then end up in such a debacle... that person who always ends up making the correct program for this kinds of CM2250/2350-engine or CM2350/2250-engine types of situations.. is me.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: cm2350 ecm on cm2250 engine - Rawze - 01-19-2022

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.