Found a crack on top of plastic reserve coolant tank.
08-25-2016, (Subject: Found a crack on top of plastic reserve coolant tank. ) 
Found a crack on top of plastic reserve coolant tank.
I have a 2011 t660 with cm2250 and I found a crack on top of the plastic reserve tank. Ive been trying to find any other leaks but wasn't able to. I'm loosing about a quart of coolant every 3 weeks. You guys think that crack might be causing this? Maybe it's vaporizing through that crack?
replyreply
RE: Found a crack on top of plastic reserve coolant tank.
Probaby. I just wanted to say, since you'll be replacing it. Dorman makes an aftermarket one that's not as expensive. From what I heard, I wouldn't recommend it.
On mine, I got prices as high as $585 from Rush Truck Center in Denver, since I was up there. (Wasn't leaking. Threads on cap were screwed up) I called one of my dealers back home in New England and got a much better price. Long story short, the parts guy at KW in Kansas City, Mo was able to sell it to me for $314, with no sales tax.
So my point is, the prices on these things are all over the place. Shop around.
replyreply
Dorman which I already know is not that good. I put a reserve tank from Dorman on my f250 and 25k miles later the seems started to split. The cheapest I found was from bigrigworld.com for 420 oem product. I might go with that.
replyreply
09-04-2016, (Subject: Found a crack on top of plastic reserve coolant tank. ) 
absolutely disagree !!! dorman is better quality then kenworth !!!!
I replaced 3 on T800 with dorman 603-5403 and they hold all ready longer then OEM
replyreply
My tank cracked on my 9400. I found another used one and so far so good. When it cracks I will take it down to Line X and have them do their thing. I believe that would do the trick plus give me a color I want. We were going to try to use gas tank liner on the inside but wernt sure if the stuff would stick properly to the inside of the tank. I really think the Line X on the outside would work after all the stuff Ive seen on this stuff.
replyreply
One thing I learned on these coolant bottles, the dealer prices are all over the map. I needed to replace mine and was quoted $200 to $745 from the dealers... I bought the $200 one from a dealer and had it shipped. I had no clue Dorman made these at that time, so shop around if you are going with an OEM bottle, check eBay too.
replyreply
09-05-2016, (Subject: Found a crack on top of plastic reserve coolant tank. ) 
Check this out,

https://www.4statetrucks.com/engine-part..._30395.asp

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.