dpf purge air actuator engine faults
08-31-2016, (Subject: dpf purge air actuator engine faults ) 
RE: dpf purge air actuator engine faults
Im talking to myself and actually getting a lot of answers
replyreply
08-31-2016, (Subject: dpf purge air actuator engine faults ) 
(08-31-2016 )1mattrichert Wrote:  Im talking to myself and actually getting a lot of answers

At least you are sharing your experience with others so that they can learn too. maybe avoid someone else having the same issues.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
05-09-2019, (Subject: dpf purge air actuator engine faults ) 
Does the truck go into derate Or run great other than the engine light?
replyreply
11-13-2019, (Subject: dpf purge air actuator engine faults ) 
I had my 2015 prostar isx in the the shop from derating, they replaced the def wiring harness due corrosion working its way into the wiring. They told me I also need a new aftertreatment purge air actuator. Can someone tell me the location on the engine and how is it to change. Thanks Steve
replyreply
(11-13-2019 )boondocker Wrote:  I had my 2015 prostar isx in the the shop from derating, they replaced the def wiring harness due corrosion working its way into the wiring. They told me I also need a new aftertreatment purge air actuator. Can someone tell me the location on the engine and how is it to change. Thanks Steve

Found this...

The aftertreatment purge air actuator is mounted on the left side of the engine above the aftertreatment fuel shutoff manifold
Possible causes of this fault include:
A short to battery in the aftertreatment purge air actuator circuit
A damaged aftertreatment purge air actuator.
To validate the repair, perform electronic service tool Aftertreatment Diesel Particulate Filter Regeneration Test. Once the temperatures in the aftertreatment system is high enough to inject diesel fuel into the exhaust, the diagnostic will run.
The fault code status displayed by electronic service tool will change to INACTIVE immediately after the diagnostic runs and passes

https://www.justanswer.com/medium-and-he...l-not.html

I have never heard of this part, but I don't own an SCR truck, so I did a quick google... Hope this helps.

One thing I do know, you need to service the SCR system, there is a filter or screen, and then there are issues with cracks in the plumbing... Me, I would take to Mr Hagg and really fix the truck.
replyreply
Thanks now all I got to do is get this Cummins inline six and the insite to load on my windows 10 laptop. Even tried to load it in windows 7 compatible with no luck. I want to make sure its the right part thats broken. When I had it in for the DEF harness they told me it was bad , but didnt have it in stock . I had to leave anyways. But they didnt do a regen on it as it did one when I left.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.