fuel pump update x15
06-30-2022, (Subject: fuel pump update x15 ) 
RE: fuel pump update x15
(06-30-2022 )Rawze Wrote:  The newer engines do however have quite a bit more operating costs. Things like more expensive injectors that tend to only last 600k miles or so before needing replacement, head is more expensive and tends to get leaky injector cups, fuel pump needs new guts every 400k miles to keep it from exploding and destroying entire engine, turbo controller on the X15 is not built as durably, etc.etc.etc.

Buisness-wise, without any compensation in some kind of actual gains ,... there is no reason for me to run anything newer at this point. A person would think that the newest X`15's would be slightly more fuel efficient.. or something to make up for all those added costs .. but they are not.

I'll keep running my CM871. Seems to have a much lower operating cost over its lifetime without any less fuel mileage than anything newer.

I would even go to my old N14 engine... I know i know you don't like them for no parts availability.... But still, the more I read about new engines and parts for them the less I like new technology. If I had to choose right now between n14 and X15, I would choose N14 and try to find parts elsewhere... Around 5 years at MATS show in Louisville they guy told me that in some parts of the world they still have N14 engine. Why not get new parts from overseas if we can't get them here.
At some point I replaced fuel pump on N14 and it was maybe $300-$400 , the old lasted around 1,200,000. I just don't understand how simple piece of equipment became 15x more expensive .
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: fuel pump update x15 - Konstantin - 06-30-2022

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.