Yet another, cm2350 overheating
08-08-2022, (Subject: Yet another, cm2350 overheating ) 
RE: Yet another, cm2350 overheating
And you thought you were already out of time and money...............

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Nostalgic
08-09-2022, (Subject: Yet another, cm2350 overheating ) 
Yea I know, no one can get to it in a reasonable amount of time, so I'll get it home again and go from there.
replyreply
12-27-2022, (Subject: Yet another, cm2350 overheating ) 
Well I promised I would give an update when I finally figured out the problem. In the end it was the radiator that was causing the engine to overheat. Several months before I had been to a gypsum/concrete plant on an extremely dry and windy day and that stuff was blowing everywhere. Just as I was leaving it started to rain, and the dust that had built up in the radiator got wet and solidified in the radiator fins. I couldn't see it until I got right down to the radiator. It was like, well, cement, couldn't even really scrape it out wet or dry, without using too much force and doing more damage than good. Which explains why pressure washing from the back of the radiator did no good when I tried. Even so, when removing the radiator the small plastic tube to the coolant reservoir broke, so $500 for a new radiator from Amazon and problem solved. With a few more experiences since then I have learned the most obvious cause to a problem is usually the solution, save the cummins troubleshooting guides for when the obvious proves not to be the problem.

Thanks Rawze and others for your guidance, sometimes it's nice to just have another brain to pick when something isn't clicking.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
12-27-2022, (Subject: Yet another, cm2350 overheating ) 
(12-27-2022 )Vengeance Wrote:  $500 for a new radiator from Amazon and problem solved.

Hmmmm.............. not sure I would have gone that route. Better start saving up for a real radiator.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.