D12d
08-08-2022, (Subject: D12d ) 
D12d
Just curious but does anyone have a solution for an EGR demandate on a d12d? There isn’t much info out there on these.
replyreply
08-09-2022, (Subject: D12d ) 
RE: D12d
Not that anyone that could be recommend any ways .. so that answer would be a solid NO.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Bengy88
(08-09-2022 )Rawze Wrote:  Not that anyone that could be recommend any ways .. so that answer would be a solid NO.

Thank you sir, I know there are egr emulators for them…. Don’t know how good they work or the long term effects so I wouldnt try them. I’m wondering if you could do them like the 60 series detroits and make the barometric pressure sensor read a rediculous number to make the egr valve never open. But then again the barometric pressure sensor is in the ecm so I don’t know. Just thinking out loud
replyreply
 Thanks given by: cybernetictrout
(08-09-2022 )Bengy88 Wrote:  make the barometric pressure sensor read a rediculous number to make the egr valve never open.

You would have really wacked timing though right. It's still thinking your putting egr into the combustion process. And like Rawze is always saying.... there isn't magic fairy dust inside the ecm to straighten it out.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
(08-09-2022 )Bengy88 Wrote:  
(08-09-2022 )Rawze Wrote:  Not that anyone that could be recommend any ways .. so that answer would be a solid NO.

Thank you sir, I know there are egr emulators for them…. Don’t know how good they work or the long term effects so I wouldnt try them. I’m wondering if you could do them like the 60 series detroits and make the barometric pressure sensor read a rediculous number to make the egr valve never open. But then again the barometric pressure sensor is in the ecm so I don’t know. Just thinking out loud

yeah. shoving it into high altitude screws up the injection timing as much as anything else.. shortens the engine life.. not a good thing. That was never any kind of proper fix for them.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(08-09-2022 )Rawze Wrote:  
(08-09-2022 )Bengy88 Wrote:  

yeah. shoving it into high altitude screws up the injection timing as much as anything else.. shortens the engine life.. not a good thing. That was never any kind of proper fix for them.

Ahh I didn’t know that. That’s why I’m here is to learn. I was just wondering because before I started actually deleting the 14l engines the right way we would use the ugly fix and the trucks ran for years with no issues. But what your explaining makes complete sense. I didn’t take into play the injection timing for higher altitudes…. I appreciate your input guys thanks again
replyreply
08-10-2022, (Subject: D12d ) 
From what i could tell they block the codes and block off the piping
So by default you will end up with to much timing because just like detroit theres no real tool to "retune" the engines properly
So yes you can "delete" it
For as engine life...... well you might be ok for a couple years and you might not
Lot easier and more reliable to just keep it
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
08-10-2022, (Subject: D12d ) 
Yessir it didn’t take me long to learn the correct way to demandate a dd engine. A few broken turbo shafts is all it takes to prove that the egr just needs to be left alone.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.