Cm570 injector leak test results.
12-08-2022, (Subject: Cm570 injector leak test results. ) 
Cm570 injector leak test results.
Rear Actuator
https://youtube.com/shorts/vhqJjDX5vps?feature=share

Front Actuator
https://youtube.com/shorts/KSQ91SEdqbI?feature=share

Did I somehow screw up the test to get inaccurate results? Or do I seriously have atleast 2 leaky injectors? Did everything the way Rawze explains in his Injector leak test videos. Only difference is my test plate didn't come with a gasket so I used the gasket from the actuator itself. The engine does have a shake/vibration at the 1400-1500 rpm range.
replyreply
RE: Cm570 injector leak test results.
Looked like 2 bubbles stuck together on the rear ?? and one bubble on the front. You have 3 bad injectors if that's the case.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
(12-08-2022 )tree98 Wrote:  Looked like 2 bubbles stuck together on the rear ?? and one bubble on the front. You have 3 bad injectors if that's the case.
So to find which injectors it is. If it's between A and B it would be injector 1 and 6 between B and C injector 2 and 5 and so on or is that all wrong?
replyreply
I don't know off the top of my head. You can easily find it on quickserve though.

replyreply
If three are bad, I would replace them all… When they start failing, the rest are always soon to follow… Just my personal experience.

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55
(12-08-2022 )Petegraintrain Wrote:  Rear Actuator

Front Actuator

Did I somehow screw up the test to get inaccurate results? Or do I seriously have atleast 2 leaky injectors? Did everything the way Rawze explains in his Injector leak test videos. Only difference is my test plate didn't come with a gasket so I used the gasket from the actuator itself. The engine does have a shake/vibration at the 1400-1500 rpm range.

Just an FYI to start with... Did you run the overhead valve adjustment and set the injectors set screws properly according to torque spec?. If the overhead is not sdet correctly you will get false positives.

Assuming that the overhead valves and injectors are set correctly.. those videos show clearly there are issues with those injectors.. especially the bank that is making more bubbles. it definately has problems, and it looks like you did the test correctly to me.

Get it bubbling real good.. then as soon as you stop cranking it.. jump out fast, throw a wrench on the engine to turn it by hand and turn it swiftly as you can by hand and take not of where on the crank shaft damper that the bubbles occur. -= Then look at the guide and see what injector(s) it is.

Like others have said.. if you more than 2 leaking.. then its time to replace all 6. Be sure to test the new ones after install as well.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
12-09-2022, (Subject: Cm570 injector leak test results. ) 
(12-08-2022 )Rawze Wrote:  
(12-08-2022 )Petegraintrain Wrote:  Rear Actuator

Front Actuator

Just an FYI to start with... Did you run the overhead valve adjustment and set the injectors set screws properly according to torque spec?. If the overhead is not sdet correctly you will get false positives.

Assuming that the overhead valves and injectors are set correctly.. those videos show clearly there are issues with those injectors.. especially the bank that is making more bubbles. it definately has problems, and it looks like you did the test correctly to me.

Get it bubbling real good.. then as soon as you stop cranking it.. jump out fast, throw a wrench on the engine to turn it by hand and turn it swiftly as you can by hand and take not of where on the crank shaft damper that the bubbles occur. -= Then look at the guide and see what injector(s) it is.

Like others have said.. if you more than 2 leaking.. then its time to replace all 6. Be sure to test the new ones after install as well.
It has been about 8 months or so since the last overhead so ill get that done then try again. If I have leaky injectors. Does that mean I'm getting fuel in my oil? I haven't noticed oil level going up but maybe leaky injectors doesn't mean fuel gets in the oil. And do you recommend only OEM injectors or is there any aftermarket or rebuilt ones that are worth it? Thank you.
replyreply
12-09-2022, (Subject: Cm570 injector leak test results. ) 
No it does not mean fuel in your oil, it means combustion is being forced into the injector.

Only buy OEM injectors

replyreply
12-10-2022, (Subject: Cm570 injector leak test results. ) 
(12-09-2022 )Petegraintrain Wrote:  ... If I have leaky injectors.

Leaky injectors cause cylinder back-pressure to get into in the fuel system.. and eventually cause damage to the solenoids and other fuel system components. it also causes the engine to run funny sometimes.. rough or fluctuating idle . and usually have less than optimal fuel mileage and/or power.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.