Fixing a bad delete
12-21-2022, (Subject: Fixing a bad delete ) 
RE: Fixing a bad delete
Ok, I found the file in my spam box. Thanks, 'Bengy88' for helping him get the file copied out of his ecm.

Here is what I see at a glance...

* The DEF gauge in the dash is not going to work, but these days, for a 'BDR' engine, it is quite easy to have the ecm broadcast an emulated version of that signal so that it does read without any complaint without actually leaving part of the system on.

======================================
* Someone has jacked up the Dieselontime table(s) ...

-- This is a huge no-no. It is not very often that I see this kind of kindergarten 'tuning' crap, but someone has jacked up the fuel to injector-coil on times. Many bad delete guys do this to try to fool the engine into giving up power that the ecm does not know about + fool the fuel mileage readings in the dash of the vehicle to lie and show higher numbers. Because the ecm can no longer accounts for a portion of the fuel, it falsely claims that the fuel mileage in the dash is now higher than it really is, lying to the driver. There is absolutely no reason to do this, not even if someone wanted BIG power.. unless your a complete moron, or if you actually want to lie to your customers into believing the fuel mileage is better than it actually is. - Many of the garbage-can programs that those guys trade./sell off of those truck/auto 'tuning' sites are set like this.

* There is absolutely no engine operating mode control corrections done whatsoever.

This is the biggest mistake and common mistake that these tuning guys do who are absolutely clueless about how these engines actually work. It is also the most harmful.. even before adding any fuel like an idiot, or trying to turn up the power. this mistake alone is why engines and turbochargers will live a short lifespan after they are deleted.

Why this is so bad..

There are more than 13+ master engine operating modes that the ecm can choose from. It is required by law that the engine be able to pass emissions standards as quickly as it can after being cranked up. if the exhaust cans are not at operating temp, they will not convert the emissions. I.E.> It cannot function properly unless those 'cans' under the truck are at operating temp. To correct this, there are several engine operating modes that are specifically designed to choke the exhaust, + create all kinds of internal friction and excess heat into the cylinders so that it can bring the exhaust cans up to temp as rapidly as possible.

These morons who make these bad deletes have no clue how all this works, and therefore do not correct or stop the engine from trying to enter these pre-set operating modes to 'warm up the cans' every time the engine cranks back up. The ecm does not have any magical fairy-dust in it to fix this on its own. It will still try to warm up the cans and never come out of this condition. it will perpetually go down the road, causing as much excess heat as it can, eventually eating the liners up, over-heating the pistons, turbo, exhaust etc, and all sorts of other engine life-shortening thing are the result.

How much you want to bet that if you asked the person who made this program.. "what engine operating modes are you setting it to run in?"..they will reply with "we leave that all factory".. because they are so utterly damned clueless.

* Someone has, instead of shutting off things properly.. they blocked a bunch of fault codes from showing up in the dash.

A decent de-mandate these days does not need to block a bunch of fault codes... but to shut things off properly so that the ecm knows what is going on and does not fight the engine.

- On this program however, the ecm is screaming its arsse off about a bunch of problems and faults, but they have all been blocked from showing up. This makes it very difficult to troubleshoot the engine due to codes not being able to present themselves properly when there is real issues.

The following codes were blocked from ever showing up, however, they all could have been properly shut off if someone knew what they were doing...

3138 - EGR Outlet pressure issue.
1866 - EGR Delta-P issue.
2349 - EGR Valve problem.
2375 - EGR Temp sensor issue.
2771 - NOx1 sensor issue.
3136 - EGR outlet pressure issue.
3232 - Another NOx1 sensor issue.
4677 - DEF tank level issue.
4572 - DEF tank temperature sensor issue.
1896 - EGR valve controller issue.
3868 - DEF quality issue.
6688 - DPF Nox sensor issue.

* All of the EGR gas request and reference data is still present in the program for all operating modes.

- The ecm will blindly assume that the EGR is still active and operate the cylinders in harmful ways.

* ALL of the auxilliary emissions system are still active.

- The engine will fall back to an older standard if these are all left on. It screws with directly power, torque, injection timing, and everything else in attempts to meet a standard. Eventually it causes a lot of harm to the cylinders, and/or excess soot issues, and other problems. NOt turning these off also shows clearly that the person making this file does not know how the engine emissions systems work.

* Someone jacked up the injection timing really bad.

- The CM2350's cannot handle more than about 2-3 degrees of BTDC injection timing without heavy EGR gas, this especially after a delete is done. Some complete moron not only left all the factory egr+ settings that are too far advanced when there is no more EGR gas.. but tey then proceeded to ADD another 3+ degrees.. making the injection timing more than +12 BTDC, and +14 BTDC... so high that not even an old 2-stroke would like this, nonetheless a commercial 4-stroke $40,000 modern engine!.

This is the stuff of engine killing dreams right there.. all while the truck owner will brag about "how smooth it runs!".. due all the excess internal friction and internal cylinder killing load.

* Some added torque to the flywheel tables (power torque curve) without setting the actual power/torque the engine is reporting when connecting with Insite or other software.

- Instead of the advertised power of 602HP/1850-trq when connecting to it with Insite, The actual power/torque setting is 591HP and 2030 ft-lbs torque. Either this is laziness.. or someone who does not know how to properly change the power rating of the engine so that it all matches.

Now add in that someone jacked up the fuel in a very bad way (mentioned above)..and it is actually set close to 2090-trq and about 613 HP.

* The turbo has been re-programmed to over-spool and over-boost the holy crap out of the engine with 40+ lbs of boost when a CM2350 cannot take more than about 33-psi boost even at 600+ HP.

- This will absolutely kill the turbocharger repeatedly due to over-spooling, it will kill the fuel mileage due to excess pressures in the exhaust all the time, and it will eventually destroy the engine with fuel impingement issues, possibly crack a piston, cause head damage, accelerated valve seat wear, head gasket failure, and all sorts of other really damaging things after a period of time, depending on how hard the engine is driven. These settings are absolutely horrible.

================

There are a lot of other minor issues with it, I just pointed out the highlights there. I hope like h#ell that whoever made this garbage STOPS and re-asses how bad they are destroying other people's equipment out there... It is a shame and it is also one fine example of the 90%+ problem of bad deletes that I keep talking about on here.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Bengy88

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.