2350 intermittent fuel pressure issues
01-01-2023, (Subject: 2350 intermittent fuel pressure issues ) 
RE: 2350 intermittent fuel pressure issues
(01-01-2023 )Rawze Wrote:  
(01-01-2023 )8pitcher Wrote:  ...
I don’t have a computer. ...

without a computer you are wasting your time trying to fix on that engine.

An inline-6 cummins adapter is only about $300 bucks or so from ebay or china, etc.. and work fine. , software is on the interwebs 4 free if ya know wher to look, and cheap laptops can be had these days too.

Do a rail pressure leak-down test just like in this video.. and find out what the leak rate is. See if it passes or fails according to what the video describes...

http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...2#pid69262

==============

And yeah.. you need to copy the program out of the ecm and e-mail it to me for a proper review of what someone did to ensure it is not eating its own guts out or tear up the turbo. Does not matter how you think it runs.

I have a laptop. Just don’t have a program or adapter. I’m running on negative money now since the motor went in October. I sent the file to the guy a few posts up from here. But I’ll send it to you as well. I’m pulling the truck apart again as we speak trying to fix some other issues. The cam gear spun slightly on the cam after I rebuilt it. But not enough to cause severe engine damage. So I’m currently pulling it apart to fix that. The file is in my email right now though from the guy who did it.
replyreply
(01-01-2023 )8pitcher Wrote:  The cam gear spun slightly on the cam after I rebuilt it.

This is not a good sign at all. It makes we wonder how much more of the rebuild wasn't done properly. We're the counterbores cut and liners shimmed up to .014 ? Was the cylinder head replaced with an OEM brand new one? Was the head torqued down properly? Also why was the fuel pump replaced? Did it fail? If it did, were all the metal shavings flushed out of the engine ?

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
(01-01-2023 )tree98 Wrote:  
(01-01-2023 )8pitcher Wrote:  The cam gear spun slightly on the cam after I rebuilt it.

This is not a good sign at all. It makes we wonder how much more of the rebuild wasn't done properly. We're the counterbores cut and liners shimmed up to .014 ? Was the cylinder head replaced with an OEM brand new one? Was the head torqued down properly? Also why was the fuel pump replaced? Did it fail? If it did, were all the metal shavings flushed out of the engine ?

The cam gear spun slightly because I didn’t put lock tight on it. Didn’t think that it would matter that much. Counterbores and all that were shimmed correctly. Head torqued down according to Cummins spec. Brand new head. Fuel pump replaced because it was 840k miles old because I don’t have history on the truck. And figured it was the root cause of my 559 fuel pressure code. I did the rebuild myself so anything that’s wrong with that has no one to blame other than me. The cam gear spinning was my fault but I’m getting that fixed right now as we speak. There’s no metal in the oil anywhere other than from the break in of the engine.
replyreply
01-02-2023, (Subject: 2350 intermittent fuel pressure issues ) 
The cam gear spun slightly because I didn’t put lock tight on it. Didn’t think that it would matter that much....

It is very important... ALSO... it is just as important to use ONLY USE THE PROPER LOC-TITE-609... NOT ANY OTHER TYPE!. This is because loctite 609, unlike its cousin, 608 or other similar loctite liquids, 609 is specifically designed to fill the micron sized gaps on high-polished, friction fit surfaces.. and no other loctite is designed this way.

one of my rebuild series video talks about applying it properly so that it will not slip. It is about the 4 minute mark in the video...

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Bengy88
The file is in my email right now though from the guy who did it.

I was sent the file this morning. Here is what i see at a glance...

** The engine ser# calls for program EF10044.xx and the program sent to me is EF10060.xx.
The 2 programs are NOT compatible. Different truck intake, cac, and exhaust settings, so there is some issues with engine efficiency, fuel mileage, etc. right off the bat. The wrong file for the engine and vehicle is in the ecm.

** This program lacks any necessary corrections to engine operating mode control logic. Many of these modes deal specifically with exhaust device (DOC/DPF/SCR element) heating, and they are all still active. With no editing of the engine mode control logic, the engine will continue to enter one or more of these operating modes resulting in the engine creating extra heat in the exhaust all the time by way of over-working the turbocharger and cylinders in attempts to warm up an emissions system that is no longer present. This is harmful to both the engine and the turbo, causing higher than normal friction all the time, significantly shortening engine life. It should be noted that this mistake/oversight is one of the most common (and most damaging) mistakes that is seen in bad delete programming.

** Many faults have been block from being able to show themselves. This shows a serious lack of someone shutting things of properly. Here is the list of faults...
fc2375, fc3166, fc2272, fc5426, fc4677, fc4572, fc3137

** ALL egr gas request logic and egr gas mix assumptions are still active, meaning the combustion process is going to assume all the egr gas is still there. Engine will run too lean and have terrible injection timing as a result. This is harmful and significantly shortens engine life on an ISX.

** All of the aux. emissions system are still set active. This is goign to make the engne weaker and run funny sometimes, it trying like h#$ell to meet an emissions standard that it can no longer satisfy. it is also harmful to the engine over time.

** They left the now, too-far advanced and harmful injection timing at the factory settings. Did someone think the ecm has some kind of unicorn fairy fart-dust inside it to make it fix itself?.. Sorry, but there is no automated fixit-sauce inside these ecm's?. they are dumb as a brick, and this thing will tear that engine up like this.

** Turbocharger has NOT been re-programmed at all to prevent it form over-spooling and over-boosting all the time due to the egr and other systems no longer active/blocked, holloweed out etc. - This thing is h#ell bent on destroying the turbo over and over like this.

===============

setting aside the fact that it is the wrong program installed for your truck/engine ...

All in all, it is one of those garbage-can, fly-by-night, crappy, so-called "Factory deletes" where some complete moron thinks that the ecm has some kind of fairy dust inside it to fix itself when you only block all the fault codes off and do mostly nothing else. it is the lazy-man way to jail-break the ecm at the cost of the engine life, plain and simple... and then typically charge big $$$ for the crap too that took someone all of 5 minutes to shove into your ecm.

Welcome to the bad delete club!.
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...5#pid13255

Seem you have earned this wonderful award after getting sucker-punched right in the wallet.. er groin.. er.. engine!.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(01-02-2023 )Rawze Wrote:  
The file is in my email right now though from the guy who did it.

I was sent the file this morning. Here is what i see at a glance...

Well that’s just fantastic. Makes sense though due to the nature of when and how I got it deleted. Exhaust clogged in the middle of nowhere and I called a couple buddy’s I know in the area that got me this guy. Well I guess it was the guy who came outs guy that hooked remotely and did the programming.
replyreply
(01-02-2023 )8pitcher Wrote:  ...
Well that’s just fantastic. Makes sense though due to the nature of when and how I got it deleted. Exhaust clogged in the middle of nowhere and I called a couple buddy’s I know in the area that got me this guy. Well I guess it was the guy who came outs guy that hooked remotely and did the programming.

If you are able to copy the program in/out of the ecm, then you can straighten it out yourself.
here are some details, mentioned on a previous thread ... http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...2#pid68742

replyreply
(01-02-2023 )Rawze Wrote:  
(01-02-2023 )8pitcher Wrote:  ...

If you are able to copy the program in/out of the ecm, then you can straighten it out yourself.
here are some details, mentioned on a previous thread ... http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...2#pid68742

Just gotta find someone with an adapter.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.