A couple of questions..
01-03-2023, (Subject: A couple of questions.. ) 
RE: A couple of questions..
Do you actually physically, title in hand own this truck?

The damper, Cummins OEM only. Call around and see if you can get a deal, any KW, Pete, Volvo, International or Cummins dealer will sell you one. Sometimes you can play them against each other and get a lower price. Last one I bought, $635 + 3 to 4 hours labor, I think around $1100 all in.

The gearing, here is a video that explains it in layman terms. Worth a look. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCibZWA46Bo

Those DPF sensors, not sure on the 2350, someone will need to chime in there.

You can check the crankcase filter, you will need an 8mm socket to remove the cover. The bolts, or fasteners, are the stay put kind, they do not come out all the way, they stay attached to the cover so you do not loose any. Be gentle installing them, as the threaded portion in the filter case, the plastic that holds them gets brittle with age and they will break free if too much torque is applied to the bolts. Just be gentle and snug them up after inspecting the filter cartridge. If a universal one, which I am sure it is, it will be a sandwiched piece of black plastic with a small one way valve on it.

Here is a fantastic little socket set to carry on the truck, it will take care of quite a bit, and the 120 tooth ratchet lets you get into tight spaces and still get the fastener out or installed. https://www.amazon.com/GEARWRENCH-Drive-...21169&th=1

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Metalhead85
He's got an X15, they don't use the crankcase filters like previous 2350's used. Cummins says it's maintenance free.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , Metalhead85
Did not know that.

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
(01-03-2023 )Waterloo Wrote:  Do you actually physically, title in hand own this truck?

The damper, Cummins OEM only. Call around and see if you can get a deal, any KW, Pete, Volvo, International or Cummins dealer will sell you one. Sometimes you can play them against each other and get a lower price. Last one I bought, $635 + 3 to 4 hours labor, I think around $1100 all in.

The gearing, here is a video that explains it in layman terms. Worth a look. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCibZWA46Bo

Those DPF sensors, not sure on the 2350, someone will need to chime in there.

You can check the crankcase filter, you will need an 8mm socket to remove the cover. The bolts, or fasteners, are the stay put kind, they do not come out all the way, they stay attached to the cover so you do not loose any. Be gentle installing them, as the threaded portion in the filter case, the plastic that holds them gets brittle with age and they will break free if too much torque is applied to the bolts. Just be gentle and snug them up after inspecting the filter cartridge. If a universal one, which I am sure it is, it will be a sandwiched piece of black plastic with a small one way valve on it.

Here is a fantastic little socket set to carry on the truck, it will take care of quite a bit, and the 120 tooth ratchet lets you get into tight spaces and still get the fastener out or installed. https://www.amazon.com/GEARWRENCH-Drive-...21169&th=1

No, unfortunately I don't own the title to the truck YET, but I can pretty much do to the truck what I want within safety reasons. I will get to the damper ASAP. Will I need to remove the radiator to be able to replace it or...? I can't remember if Rawze did a video about it or not. I appreciate everything else you mentioned though.

Here's a picture of my crankcase:

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

User's Signature: 2018 Kenworth T680; Cummins X15 Efficiency Series CM2350 X114B; Build Date 10/17; Axle Ratio 2.64; Transmission Model Eaton EEO-17F112C Endurant 12-SPD.
replyreply
No you don't need to remove the radiator to change the damper.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Metalhead85
Okay, tree98, thanks. I'll look on QuickServe for the service information.

User's Signature: 2018 Kenworth T680; Cummins X15 Efficiency Series CM2350 X114B; Build Date 10/17; Axle Ratio 2.64; Transmission Model Eaton EEO-17F112C Endurant 12-SPD.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.