Help me understand these fluid analysis reports ISL
02-02-2023, (Subject: Help me understand these fluid analysis reports ISL ) 
RE: Help me understand these fluid analysis reports ISL
From what I remember reading (most likely on this forum lol), the concern with motorhomes or rarely used vehicles in general is what's called 'lot rot.' The components simply degrade due to time and being exposed to the elements rather than actual use. Inside the engine may have slight corrosion due to moisture (say on oil-dried cam lobes for example), causing pitting on critical components which only begins a string of problems to come.

As the engine runs and oil reaches proper operating temps, it will burn off any excess moisture created by the large variant sweep in temp (from the cooler ambient air to the hotter engine temp). Starting and allowing the engine to run for a small amount of time (without getting to operating temp) then letting sit for months on end will assist in creating that moisture and the 'lot rot' problems described above.

Not sure how much can be detected with an oil analysis on these type of circumstances. I would probably be more concerned more with the long intervals between uses. Maybe someone on here would have a suggestion on how to look for that issue.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: dfpp

Messages In This Thread
RE: Help me understand these fluid analysis reports ISL - SquareOne - 02-02-2023

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.