Help me understand these fluid analysis reports ISL
02-02-2023, (Subject: Help me understand these fluid analysis reports ISL ) 
RE: Help me understand these fluid analysis reports ISL
(02-02-2023 )dfpp Wrote:  Thanks for the feedback sir! i have been told the following by the seller below. i wasnt sure if we could glean any information based on the ratios of wear metals not necessarily the amount in general? but it makes sense that without more knowledge about its hsistory or previous benchmarks this doesnt mean much
Engine oil was changed around 66k miles in 2019, its only had about 3k miles in it since.
Transmission fluid is original 2009
Generator oil was changed in 2019 around 1250 hours (roughly 100 hours of use)

these are my thoughts at a glance ...

66k miles means absolutely nothing on a motor-home. You need to know the the engine hours interval on the oil for them. That iron is extremely high vs only 66k miles... and does not add up at all. It is either excessive rust in the top end from sitting too go%ddamn much.. or someone running it for 14,000+ hours between oil changes... and that would be abuse.

as far as the generator and 1250 hours.. the oil sample shows that the generator was not run very hard between its last oil change.. and nothing out of the ordinary.

also.. 1250 hours on a generator between oil changes sounds a bit long in the tooth for an oil change too. I don't care what cummins(onan) might recommend.

LASTLY.. that zinc (zddp) level is too low in both those engine samples. I don't know what kind of oil is being used but cummins engines are low pressure oil system engines, and zinc levels need to reflect these lower pressures. .. The zinc should be at 1250 to be optimum (the acceptable range is 1050 - 1400) on these red engines. The samples show the zinc down at 800ppm, so to me, this looks like an oil that is barely doing its job vs. the design of the engine.

that is what I see any ways.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: dfpp , amermextrucker

Messages In This Thread
RE: Help me understand these fluid analysis reports ISL - Rawze - 02-02-2023

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.