series 60 boost
04-16-2023, (Subject: series 60 boost ) 
RE: series 60 boost
(04-15-2023 )Bengy88 Wrote:  Yea it stumped me at first too. I just stayed out of it. A 60 series can boost up to 44ish psi and an egr 60 series idles with 4-5 psi.

If it is in fact a dd13 though I would like to know if it’s deleted, is the egr deleted, has the egr pipes been blocked, does it have a wastegated or non wastegated turbo?

If it is deleted and the egr has been deleted I can guarantee you it’s a bad tune in it. A dd engine works good just making changes to the acm and turning off a few sensors in dddl but leaving egr active. You are guaranteed to break turbo shafts and cause internal engine damage if the egr has been deleted. There have been 2 people that I know of that have ever been able to tune these to last with egr deleted.

If it hasn’t been deleted the very first place you need to look is the egr valve. These give a lot of problems allowing boost to bypass from the egr valve. Then pull your intake pipe and exhaust pipe from the turbo and verify the turbo shaft isn’t broken. I’ve seen this a lot specifically on the 13 liters…… or you could jack it up and slide a Cummins under it lol.

So this is where my inexperience shines. It looks like series 60 to me but the scan tool says dd13. The customer says someone did something with the EGR and says if he doesn't do something the scan tool "won't like it"? He's a different cat to be sure. But I can tell you it's got an actuator of some kind on the turbo that runs on air pressure. Of course all these issues are ever since but I can't confirm this claim because the head gasket was blown so bad it was towed in and we couldn't drive it.

It starts great now, runs great, has good power except for the boost dropping off and coming back.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
series 60 boost - BradKuz - 04-14-2023,
RE: series 60 boost - BradKuz - 04-14-2023,
RE: series 60 boost - Bengy88 - 04-16-2023,
RE: series 60 boost - Bengy88 - 04-15-2023,
RE: series 60 boost - BradKuz - 04-16-2023
RE: series 60 boost - BradKuz - 04-16-2023,
RE: series 60 boost - Bengy88 - 04-16-2023,
RE: series 60 boost - BradKuz - 04-18-2023,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.