Modern engine into old truck?
04-29-2023, (Subject: Modern engine into old truck? ) 
Modern engine into old truck?
Does anyone have any experiance putting a CM870 or similar engine (ecm) in an older truck?

I have experiance with the CM870, but am open to suggestions, and im thinking a mid 70's kenworth.

Any suggestions or direction would be appricated!

Cheers,

Jake
replyreply
RE: Modern engine into old truck?
I’ve used kustom truck for harnesses to do swaps like this but the quality and service from them has went way down hill and for a 5000$ harness we shouldn’t have to rig shi#t to make it work. There is a company in Canada that builds the kits to do this that I have heard a lot of great reviews on. The last swap I did was on a cascadia with a dd15, we pulled it and put a ddec4 60 series back in. I ended up building a stand alone harness for the engine and making my own harness to operate the a/c, I then built a digital gauge cluster for the truck. Doing it this way is much easier than you would believe and I couldn’t imagine it would be too hard on a Cummins….. especially in an older truck.
If there is any way I might could help you figure out any of the things you may need to do just shoot me a pm with some contact info.
replyreply
Thanks Bengy,

Whats the name of the company in Canada?

(04-29-2023 )Bengy88 Wrote:  I’ve used kustom truck for harnesses to do swaps like this but the quality and service from them has went way down hill and for a 5000$ harness we shouldn’t have to rig shi#t to make it work. There is a company in Canada that builds the kits to do this that I have heard a lot of great reviews on. The last swap I did was on a cascadia with a dd15, we pulled it and put a ddec4 60 series back in. I ended up building a stand alone harness for the engine and making my own harness to operate the a/c, I then built a digital gauge cluster for the truck. Doing it this way is much easier than you would believe and I couldn’t imagine it would be too hard on a Cummins….. especially in an older truck.
If there is any way I might could help you figure out any of the things you may need to do just shoot me a pm with some contact info.
replyreply
C-a-I.net
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.