Injector leak down test.
06-12-2023, (Subject: Injector leak down test. ) 
Injector leak down test.
I have a Cummins ISX15 CM2350 engine and I suspect I may have a leaky injector or two. Can I use the same Cummins tool as in the video for my engine? If so where is the fuel metering actuator located on my engine please?
replyreply
RE: Injector leak down test.
The CM2350 has a common rail fuel system, it's completely different than the 870/871 that uses the actuator's.

To do a proper leakdown test on a common rail engine you need the cummins insite (version 8.3 or newer) program and an inline 6 adapter. These things can easily be found on eBay and other places on the web.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Bengy88
(06-12-2023 )tree98 Wrote:  The CM2350 has a common rail fuel system, it's completely different than the 870/871 that uses the actuator's.

To do a proper leakdown test on a common rail engine you need the cummins insite (version 8.3 or newer) program and an inline 6 adapter. These things can easily be found on eBay and other places on the web.

Thank you so much for the reply. So is there any tool I will need other than the datalink adapter? Like something that will go directly on the engine component?
replyreply
(06-12-2023 )Markos19 Wrote:  ...
Thank you so much for the reply. So is there any tool I will need other than the datalink adapter? Like something that will go directly on the engine component?

this is all you need to do for a leak down test on a common rail ISX. No tools required outside of software (cummins Insite) and an adapter ...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...3#pid75483

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Bengy88

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.