IFTA/IRP audit
09-27-2023, (Subject: IFTA/IRP audit ) 
RE: IFTA/IRP audit
(09-27-2023 )MCRENT Wrote:  ... asked how they come up with that and she say we put your destinations in the computer and it tells us how many miles you should have.. . Had explain to her that I rarely take the fastest least miles to avoid the big city or I am on a permit load and have to go a certain route..

That was one of the obstacles I ran into as well. I explained the route taken will sometimes be different for a truck than a typical sized vehicle. With that being said, there will be a deviation from what they say the route should be and what it actually is. Besides, the proper way to record the miles are across jurisdictions on YOUR route, not what they assume it should be.

While I understand what they are trying to do (make sure taxes are being distributed correctly), it would be nice to arm themselves with personnel who has either real world experience or a better understanding of the trucking industry.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
09-27-2023, (Subject: IFTA/IRP audit ) 
RE: IFTA/IRP audit
This is funny because I haven't been on this site for a while, Opened up the site and see Irp/Ifta audit I am getting audited for second time in about 10 years also 1 truck operation, the first time they found a couple mistakes 1 in my favor 1 in theirs, so no action was taken so minor, but sent me a stack of paper work about 2 inches thick through the mail, also took about 3 months to get the results. Another funny thing it is the same auditer. I blame it on Indiana my home state because a few years ago the raised the fuel tax to the third highest in the country, I just run about 250 mile radius of my home so most of surrounding states the tax is lower so q always get money back because I buy about all my fuel in Indiana,because surrounding states fuel not enough cheaper to make up for the tax and my miles in Indiana is about 60%.So good luck with the audit I have been there and going back for more
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.