IFTA/IRP audit
09-16-2023, (Subject: IFTA/IRP audit ) 
RE: IFTA/IRP audit
(09-16-2023 )Rawze Wrote:  I have always over-paid any required taxes like that by a little bit (always by under-claiming an item or 3, or double claiming something slightly in their favor by purposeful mistake). As soon as they start screwing with me, I start finding where I over-paid a bit ehemm '''by mistake" .. and they leave me alone real fast once they see that they owe me moneys instead.

Thats an interesting way to do it, although it would seem like the 'mistake' would actually cause them to investigate further due to the 'discrepancy.' I guess in all reality, it IS about the money, so as long as it fattened their end, maybe they would be more keen to let it slide lol

(09-16-2023 )Rawze Wrote:  Now .. because you had to paid them, ... it is on their records in their system that you owed them moneys during your last audit, and this opens you up for further investigations and more random checking in the future....

Funny you bring that up, because I asked her exactly how 'random' this audit deal really was and the likelihood of getting chosen again. According to MY auditor, only a few years ago the company in question only had to prove 75% of their reported IFTA/IRP figures. Now that figure is closer to the 95% range (again according to her). It's at the auditor's discretion as to make a judgement call on the company in question - so if that company in question is near (but below) the percentage threshold of proving those reported miles/gallons , the auditor can be the one to determine if additional action needs to be taken.

Auditor's answer to their regional manager who then have to approve what the auditor has discovered and what action has been taken. All this for her to tell me this - aside from attempting to defraud the IFTA/IRP process, there is no radar or reason to be directly chosen in the future. Whether that's the truth, I have no idea.... I certainly won't hold my breath.

BTW, out of curiosity I asked her what was the highest bill she had to deliver to a company. Her response - over 53k dollars due to that company purchasing bulk fuel with no real record keeping to prove taxes paid or where that fuel was burned.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Toolguy

Messages In This Thread
IFTA/IRP audit - SquareOne - 07-07-2023,
RE: IFTA/IRP audit - SquareOne - 07-07-2023,
RE: IFTA/IRP audit - Rawze - 07-07-2023,
RE: IFTA/IRP audit - SquareOne - 07-07-2023,
RE: IFTA/IRP audit - SquareOne - 09-16-2023,
RE: IFTA/IRP audit - Rawze - 09-16-2023,
RE: IFTA/IRP audit - SquareOne - 09-16-2023
RE: IFTA/IRP audit - MCRENT - 09-27-2023,
RE: IFTA/IRP audit - SquareOne - 09-27-2023,
RE: IFTA/IRP audit - Rockhwy - 09-27-2023,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.