Isx15 tune
07-20-2023, (Subject: Isx15 tune ) 
Isx15 tune
Hey guys I have a de-mandate with also deleted vgt turbo 2014 international Prostar with an ISX15 400st 10 speed transmission. Anyone know of a good tune that can help me out.

Thank Y’all soooooooo much
replyreply
07-21-2023, (Subject: Isx15 tune ) 
RE: Isx15 tune
(07-20-2023 )GoodWork Wrote:  Hey guys I have a de-mandate with also deleted vgt turbo 2014 international Prostar with an ISX15 400st 10 speed transmission. Anyone know of a good tune that can help me out.

Thank Y’all soooooooo much

I hope your here to learn that you went down the wrong roads and royally screwed up with it by letting some complete idiot remove that VG. Gawd only knows whatever else garbage, red-neck, back-woods things they might have also done to it too.

And if your not willing to undo that garbage mess, and put the proper VG turbo back on it, then your on the wrong damn forum!... because I don't let people do horrible trash mods that tears up their engine into oblivion like that. I tend to kick em off here real fast if they try to argue it too, as I will not stand for that trash to be spread like the bad plague that it is!.

SO yeah ... start by RE-INSTALLING THAT VG TURBO!!!>.. WHOEVER TOLD YOU TO REMOVE IT WAS A COMPLETE IDIOT!!!. That engine no longer has any proper fuel-air-mix control without that VG turbo, as this is how the ecm controls the proper fuel-air-mix in a cummins!. Loosing this tears up the engine internally, shortens its life by quite a lot, fuel mileage is not where it should be, engine brakes suffer, power curve suffers, and all sorts of other bad things result.

Did they remove the EGR cooler too?... Is there a cross-pipe in its place to at least supply the back of the block with coolant flow, if they did remove the EGR cooler?.

Did they also remove everything under the the the truck instead of 100% properly hollwing it all out and leaving everything in place??.. or did they unplug (or remove) everything under there like completely clueless dumbars$es!?.. Because this screws up the engine's J1939 network and crerates ghost problems, by doing so.

Then there is the issue of programming where more than 90%+ of it is is bad out there, and if your running round without that VG turbo, then YOUR PROGRAMMING HAS T BE TOTAL S$IT TOO!>.. as anyone who would recommend, or even suggest it, also always does garbage programming. NO person who knows how the ecm works properly would ever slightly suggest you remove that turbo!.

Copy the program out of that ecm and e-mail it to me for a proper review of what some clown-world idiot did in there, because I guarantee that if they removed that turbo in the programming, then it is beyond an absolute horrible garbage-can mess not worth putting in a lawn-mower nonetheless a $40,000 commercial engine.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Bengy88 , GoodWork
07-21-2023, (Subject: Isx15 tune ) 
VGT is way better WHEN its tuned correctly
And if they tell you to remove it for more power, RUN!

User's Signature: Repairing Demandates 1 Truck At A Time
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , GoodWork
07-23-2023, (Subject: Isx15 tune ) 
Yeah man these guys are 100% right. There is no safe way to properly tune that engine. You loose all control for air/fuel mixture as the engine was designed for, you will definitely over boost, turbo lag is ridiculous, and the timing has to be set higher than what is considered safe to keep temperatures down especially at idle.

When people do this they think of achieving one thing… usually a cheaper turbo. But they never consider everything they loose in the process and the increased damage and stress they are putting on an engine. This is more of that spending a dollar to save a quarter mentality.

User's Signature: You can’t buy love, but you can rent it for 3 minutes!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , GoodWork
07-24-2023, (Subject: Isx15 tune ) 
Thank You Sir, the truck being out only source of income I want the best for it. Only reason why I did the vg delete was because of my ignorance I should have done more research. I spent 7500 bucks but I know I can save again to have it installed back again. Sir I just bought my laptop with nexiq3 all I know how to do is remove faults. Is there anywhere I can train myself on how to get such files so I can email them to you? Again pardon my ignorance.
replyreply
(07-24-2023 )GoodWork Wrote:  Thank You Sir, the truck being out only source of income I want the best for it. Only reason why I did the vg delete was because of my ignorance I should have done more research. I spent 7500 bucks but I know I can save again to have it installed back again. Sir I just bought my laptop with nexiq3 all I know how to do is remove faults. Is there anywhere I can train myself on how to get such files so I can email them to you? Again pardon my ignorance.

Yeah, unfortunately too many people get caught up into that bad tuning and VG delete stuffs and then it starts costing them their engine longevity. Most people however don't see the engine failures right away so they convince themselves that what they did was somehow ok. Believe me, it is not.

As far as the program goes...
maybe u get lucky and someone will send you the info for getting the file out of it.

Here is also some info towards this:
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...5#pid72945
and...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...2#pid68742

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Been talking with him a lil bit. I’m about to show him how to pull it. but I didn’t realize the fu*kery was so bad on this one. I believe he’s ready to fix it the right way. Good thing is he still has the manifold and old parts. The price that they charged to do this shi#t is what actually blows my mind. The truck could have had a new vgt turbo and actuator put on it and been tuned properly for 1500-2000$ less than what they charged to put a 2000$ kit on it.

User's Signature: You can’t buy love, but you can rent it for 3 minutes!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Nostalgic
07-25-2023, (Subject: Isx15 tune ) 
(07-24-2023 )Bengy88 Wrote:  Been talking with him a lil bit. I’m about to show him how to pull it. but I didn’t realize the fu*kery was so bad on this one. I believe he’s ready to fix it the right way. Good thing is he still has the manifold and old parts. The price that they charged to do this shi#t is what actually blows my mind. The truck could have had a new vgt turbo and actuator put on it and been tuned properly for 1500-2000$ less than what they charged to put a 2000$ kit on it.

What a rip-off!.

replyreply
 Thanks given by: Bengy88

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.