Maxwell Start Module
12-18-2023, (Subject: Maxwell Start Module ) 
RE: Maxwell Start Module
Oh, one other thing I noticed right away is that this ESM, while still MUCH lighter than any group 31 battery, it's about twice as heavy as the Maxwell ESM was. Not sure if that translates into a more robust and durable product or if it's just a difference in the capacitor technology used to build the unit. Only time and the lovely roads of the northeast will tell.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
I can vouch for Drivetrain America as a good vendor. Always quick shipping and usually good pricing. They have them listed @ 20#? I finally killed my 4 deep cycle lead acid house batteries and installed 4 LifePo's and probably cut 200#. Currently using 4 Yellow Top Optimas on the truck side, but I'm following along on this to see if it's worth the cost.
replyreply
I was wondering what's the cost on unit $..
replyreply
I only mentioned those vendors because I asked C8 specifically about them to see if they were authorized sellers. One of my problems with the Maxwell was that I bought it through a seller on Amazon. Even if the company hadn't been sold to Tesla for the patents then the product lines later sold off to a different company before the ESM had been discontinued, it was well known that they wouldn't have honored the warranty since it wasn't purchased through an authorized retailer.

As for longevity and worth, that remains to be seen. I will post more after it's installed, maybe this week or next. It's a bit of a process since they way I secured the batteries in the box requires me to remove all the cables first before I can unsecure them. So I'll also take this opportunity to redesign my securement brackets for easier, modular use. And of course thoroughly clean the battery boxes, connections and grounds while it's all apart.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
(12-18-2023 )Pd6cas2 Wrote:  I was wondering what's the cost on unit $..

It was $950 USD directly through C8Energy. Add another $25 for fedex ground shipping from Philadelphia, PA to CT. The EBay prices are higher, but that Universal Truck Parts has it for the exact same price and shipping on their own website, as of this writing. I paid less for the maxwell, but that was a few years back and through a seller on amazon. I think actual retail price for the Maxwell units were roughly the same when bought from an authorized seller.

replyreply
 Thanks given by: Pd6cas2

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.