Camshaft failure Cummins isx15
08-07-2023, (Subject: Camshaft failure Cummins isx15 ) 
RE: Camshaft failure Cummins isx15
(08-06-2023 )RichHomie27 Wrote:  ...
Okay I’ll look into it. There was a fuel pump installed at 380k im at 693k now and it was the newest version pump. Should I be as worried about it?

When it gets to 400k miles or 8,000 hours on that pump, its time to replace the guts. Does not matter what style it is.. they all do it, even the newest style.

693 - 380 = 313k .. so you got a bit of time (likely a about 3/4 of a year for a solo driver) it seems before it has to be done.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: RichHomie27
08-07-2023, (Subject: Camshaft failure Cummins isx15 ) 
RE: Camshaft failure Cummins isx15
(08-07-2023 )Rawze Wrote:  
(08-06-2023 )RichHomie27 Wrote:  ...
Okay I’ll look into it. There was a fuel pump installed at 380k im at 693k now and it was the newest version pump. Should I be as worried about it?

When it gets to 400k miles or 8,000 hours on that pump, its time to replace the guts. Does not matter what style it is.. they all do it, even the newest style.

693 - 380 = 313k .. so you got a bit of time (likely a about 3/4 of a year for a solo driver) it seems before it has to be done.

10-4, going to put a good few thousand more miles then replace the guts. Truck been in the shop for almost a week due to this camshaft failure. Got Cam and 12 rockers replaced, oil cooler, oil pump, bypass valve, oil thermostat, & mains and rods done, hoping that should get truck back on track. Also question, what RPMS do you recommended to idle The ISX @? I stay out 5-7 days at a time and idle the whole time, for now til I get APU fixed but those things constantly go out.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.