Abs light international Lonestar
08-08-2023, (Subject: Abs light international Lonestar ) 
Abs light international Lonestar
I have an ABS light on the dash on my 2016 international lone Star with webco ABS, I've tried pulling the codes with the Nexiq app and it's showing no codes I'm not positive. It can even pull the ABS coats. Is there a button I can push for blank codes like on the peterbilts? Any help would be greatly appreciated
replyreply
08-08-2023, (Subject: Abs light international Lonestar ) 
RE: Abs light international Lonestar
I have a copy of the last free version of ACOM, but it's not Wabco software , it's Bendix. I may have a copy of wabco toolbox somewhere around here on a usb stick.
replyreply
08-09-2023, (Subject: Abs light international Lonestar ) 
When is the last time you pulled your axles apart and re-torqued all your hub bearings + checked the ABS sensors for proper clearance?. Supposed to be done every 250k miles or so.

That is the number one cause of random ABS lights on trucks (and blown wheel seals, tire edge wear, etc.) ... due mostly to this type of neglect.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
08-27-2023, (Subject: Abs light international Lonestar ) 
I resolved this issue. I figured I would update anyways in case somebody had a similar issue after having their hubs apart. I got this ABS light right after replacing the rear differentials I have conmet Preset hubs. They are torque to 300 foot pounds I torqued all of them to 300 foot pounds. Made sure the locking ears were engaged topped off my diff fluid and got the ABS light before even pulling out of the driveway. I ended up just pulling all the axle shafts again. Found that the left rear spindle nut completely stripped out. No threads at all. Left on the nut I'm not sure if there is a limit to how many times you can reuse the spindle nuts or if it was just bad luck. Either way, I replaced them all with brand new pro torque spindle nuts
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , JimT
Final torque recommendation depends on what nut you had. here is a chart from the Comnet service manual for max torque on the different nuts types. It shows the tang type washers having a lower torque range...
./uploads/202308/post_2_1693144394_a969980ad34ff49addf62a3ffa523b70.jpg

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JimT
Just thought I'd add this for future reference for anybody else while the pro torque and the axilok are tang style conmet does have them specifically outline in the service manual as 300 ft lb. I did remove axilok nuts and replace them with pro spindle nuts mostly due to availability.

Attached File(s)Image(s)
./uploads/202308/post_4495_1693152388_47654441339d3975a59cfe47f7b12fa1.png
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , SquareOne
08-28-2023, (Subject: Abs light international Lonestar ) 
Yauchout that was a good move. IMHO Axiloks are dangerous. Over the years I have seen quite a few where the locking part breaks. They start to back off. About 20 years ago Holland was having "wheeloffs" on new Sterlings with Axiloks.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.